I actually just started a workout routine.
I weight train 4x a week, and play basketball almost daily.
I eat small meals through out the day. I always buy the fattiest cut of beef I can get (chuck roast).
Each meal consists of a fruit, 2 oz of beef, half a small avacado, apricot seeds, and raw honey on the avacados.
I'll typically eat 5 of those small meals a day. With one cooked meat meal as I taper off cooked food.
I also sleep at sun down, and wake up at sun up.
I drink a lot of water too.
I also take Kre-Alkalyn, a creatine supplement which really helps.
Some suggestions are -
1) fattiest cuts of meat possible, it prevents inflamation because of the omega 3's
2) Lot's of water (keep hydrated)
3) Lot's of raw fats, avacados, olives, etc.
4) Don't be afraid to eat those carbs
5) Consider eating slightly more meat than me, maybe a pound a day
If you're eating a good balance of carbs, fats, and protein you shouldn't need to eat massive amounts of beef per day. I get soar but after 3 days it goes away, and I just started.
Consider kre-alkalyn. Don't take my word for it, check out their websites - www.kre-alkalyn.net
As far as training don't go to hard when you start, make sure you increase the intensity of the workouts as you go.