Been having this weird reaction to fish only lately. It started with eating raw wild caught fish like salmon, a few hours later my throat was sore and I also had a stuffy nose.
At first I thought it might have been bacteria from the raw fish, so I tested cooked fish, but I had the same reaction.
Now I am thinking maybe it is some sort of poisoning:http://wiki.medpedia.com/Marine_Toxins
1.1.1. sounds like my symptoms, it does not feel like the conventional sore throat, more like swelling in the back of it or swelling of my tonsils. My tonsils used to cause problems but haven't since 2004 so I don't think they just have a random flare up, and I think an allergy would be unlikely too..
Maybe it is the place I buy from or the fact that it is wild caught?
Does anyone know more? It would suck if I could not eat fish anymore, but the swelling is bad.