Members' Journals > Journals

GoodSamaritan's Experiments

<< < (3/68) > >>

goodsamaritan:
Gosh, if it is 5 to 6 weeks, I think I would need different animals. 
I would alternate land animals with sea food.

William:

--- Quote from: TylerDurden on July 11, 2009, 03:55:46 pm ---I would suggest a 5-6 week trial. By that stage, you should have a good idea as to  whether it's a success or a failure re health.

--- End quote ---

Note Lex's comments on how long changes take.
3 months might be a fair trial, but if it does not work for you that would be evident sooner.

lex_rooker:

--- Quote from: Nicola on July 10, 2009, 07:31:01 pm ---Lex, I thought that with meat the body would be converting the protein to glucose like you said?
--- End quote ---

Yes, my experiments seem to demonstrate that about 58% (who really knows), of all the protein we eat is converted to glucose.  That doesn't stop the body from converting many of its tissues to run more efficiently on fatty acids.  As I understand it, tissues in the eyes and some areas of the brain require glucose to function.  Most other tissue will do fine on ketones or fatty acids once they gear up for it.

Many of the body's tissues can utilize either glucose or fatty acids.  Cells metabolize glucose using a fermentation process.  To utilize fatty acids requires mitochondria as part of the process.  Most cancer cells are short on mitochondria and therefore require glucose to grow and multiply as they can't efficiently metabolize fatty acids.  Normal cells can use either glucose or fatty acids, but seem to require some time to switch enzymes or add additional mitochondria to gain maximum efficiency on one fuel or the other.

Like automobiles that have a dual fuel system (will run on either propane or unleaded gas), each fuel type has its specific requirements and trade-offs and the engine must be specifically adjusted to maximize efficiency for the most used fuel.  The alternate fuel will work but power and milage will suffer unless the engine is re-tuned.  Our bodies are the same.  The only difference is that the body will detect the new fuel and over time will adjust itself.

Lex

Lex

lex_rooker:

--- Quote from: goodsamaritan on July 11, 2009, 08:19:54 pm ---Gosh, if it is 5 to 6 weeks, I think I would need different animals. 
I would alternate land animals with sea food.
--- End quote ---

Why would you think that you would need meat from different animals if your experiment is extended beyond a couple of weeks?  I've eaten beef almost exclusively for several years now and have experienced no problems whatsoever. All other meats (or eggs) make up less than 5% of my total diet.  Beef makes up the other 95%.

Lex

goodsamaritan:
My update, the kalamansi in water in the morning didn't work out, it just made my tummy acidic.  And I had no appetite for raw beef at breakfast. 

The next day I tried coconut water with the meat / fat - calmer stomach.

My next days will be coconut water with the meat / fat in the mornings, then raw beef at lunch and dinner.  Still adjusting...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version