Author Topic: Plant poisonned animal: to eat or not to eat?  (Read 123 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Xisca

  • Scavenger
  • *
  • Posts: 24
    • View Profile
Plant poisonned animal: to eat or not to eat?
« on: November 10, 2017, 06:47:32 am »
The culprit is in general euphorbia peplus, and maybe some mercurialis, though this one is not so toxic... They are the only toxic plants I find. It is quite strange that animals, rabbits etc eat euphorbia among other herbs!

The amoount is so small that I do not think there can be a problem for human consumtion.

Who has an idea how the poisonning occurs and where is the toxin in the animal body? Of course a dead animal cannot be bleeded.

Thanks for any informations



Offline Xisca

  • Scavenger
  • *
  • Posts: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Plant poisonned animal: to eat or not to eat?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 07:22:38 am »
Well, I am still alive and had to problem i could feel.