Author Topic: Explorer/experimenter  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Gazelle

• Forager
    • View Profile
Explorer/experimenter
« on: April 27, 2009, 07:48:19 pm »
Hello!

I just shotgunned my first raw egg this morning. Usually I'd put eggs in a smoothie with coconut milk but after finding this forum last night and reading a bit, I thought I'd give a simple, non-blended egg a try. I love the simplicity of opening the shell and gulping it down. I could be wrong, but I think it was much more satisfying to me that wolfing down cooked eggs.

I've been eating low-carb and/or paleo off and on for years. Eating this way makes me feel great, but I still have a few health issues I am determined to resolve (digestion, compulsive eating, excess body fat). I don't prepare raw meat at home (yet), but absolutely LOVE raw oysters, sashimi, and tartares in restaurants (I live in NYC). Raw milk isn't legal here, though I know there are ways to get it. I think for the near future I will stick to paleo, and try to incorporate more and more (organic pastured-raised) raw meat and fat.

Experimenting with my diet and learning about nutrition is one of my favorite hobbies. I hope learning more about raw paleo will get me closer to my goal of optimal health. Part of that goal is getting to a place (and I've come a very long way already on this but still have a long way to go yet) where I can eat intuitively, listening to what my body wants and needs when it wants and needs it. I've figured out a few things that aren't good for me, but I still have cravings, binges, and bad reactions like headaches, fatigue and gas/bloating which I know are directly related to what I put in my body.

So that's me, jumping in. I look forward to learning lots from all of you!

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Explorer/experimenter
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:59:46 am »
Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a good start.

If we can get a few more people around that area we should have a meet up, I'm in NJ. Do you ever go to NYC rawfood places? I used to be raw vegan and went to a lot of those.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 09:49:12 pm »
Welcome to the forum! Here's some useful links to get you started:-

http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

Interesting that you come from a low-carb background.Most people used to go into the rawpalaeodiet after going through raw vegan/fruitarian phases, now more and more are from the cooked low-carb world.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 06:17:37 am »
Nice hobby you got there.
I've been fat and sick before so this hobby came about because of necessity.
I'm having 3 or 4 raw duck eggs this morning for breakfast because I have to go to a client and work.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk