Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 4327 times)

Offline Azyth

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!
« on: February 02, 2013, 05:07:54 am »
My name is Peter and I'm really glad I found this forum! I wish to say hi to all of you and wish you all lots of health!

I have been suffering from Psoriasis for about 8 years now. The first 6.5 years, i had i mostly on my scalp. I wanted to get rid of it about an year and a half ago, so i started bodybuilding and eating right. I used to smoke drink on a daily basis. However for those 1.5 years of bodybuilding, ive eaten a lot of meat, i would say an avarage of 700 gr per day. My psoriasis, has gotten so bad that now it covers my lower legs some on my arm, some o my chest and back.

Ive een reading a lot about the disease. Ive tried many things except quitting meat. As a bodybuilder with a goal to become a fitness model, stopping meat is kind of out of question, so i had to look for alternatives. This is how i found out about this style of eating.

Do you have any suggestions on how i should start? Does soaking the meat in lemon kill the bad and good bacterias? What about the protease? Also, curing in salt? Is it also considered raw food?

Has anyone ere suffered from psoriasis and has cured it with switching to raw meat?

Can i continue eating the same amount of raw meat per day as i am used to?

Thank you guys and girls!

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 05:18:16 am »
Welcome.

Do you have any suggestions on how i should start? Does soaking the meat in lemon kill the bad and good bacterias?

Can i continue eating the same amount of raw meat per day as i am used to?

The bacteria on the meat should be GOOD for you if it's from grass fed animals, wild caught fish, pastured chicken and eggs. Therefore killing them isn't necessary.

Check out this link for info on grass fed foods and bacteria - http://www.eatwild.com/foodsafety.html

You should be fine eating 700 grams of meat per day on a raw diet.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 05:58:27 am »
Get grass fed meat and fat.
Take pics of your meals.
Maintain a journal.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Azyth

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 09:04:17 am »
Thank you guys!

So basically i go and get grass fed organic beef and just start eating? Tere are no preparations before? Im really new to all this...

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 09:08:05 am »
Eating raw meat is perfectly safe.  Hundreds of millions of people eat it with no preparation every day.

As far as the psoriasis, you probably need to decrease your carbs and increase the fat.  Also, you might want to try a vitamin D supplement.  The Now brand vitamin D supplements are generally very good for this.  Sunbathing is also very useful.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 10:41:27 am »
Depending on how big a guy you are, I would disagree with eating 700 grams of meat.  Isn't that nearly two pounds?  Most go big on eating lots of raw meat when 'we' start.  The body may actually need it in the beginning.  But eventually you want just enough for maintenance and repair, not for energy.  Energy can come from carbs, or more preferably from fat.  Rising insulin levels from abundant carbs or excess meat with cause more inflamation in your body. 
    On a different note.  You might enjoy as I do, using only clay or volanic ash powder in the bath or shower.  I mix enough water to have it settle overnight and become saturated with water to have the consistency of say icing on a cake.  With a bowl of it in the shower ( I use a ceramic bowl with a glass lid ) , take small handfuls and smear it on your body.  Wait a while before rinsing, and simply rinse with warm water.  You can also use a bristle brush in combination.  Will not leave any residue to aggravate your skin, and removes just enough natural oils without disturbing the natural flora of your skin.   You also might get benefit of dry brushing once a day.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 11:07:01 am »
Depending on how big a guy you are, I would disagree with eating 700 grams of meat.  Isn't that nearly two pounds?  Most go big on eating lots of raw meat when 'we' start.  The body may actually need it in the beginning.  But eventually you want just enough for maintenance and repair, not for energy.  Energy can come from carbs, or more preferably from fat.  Rising insulin levels from abundant carbs or excess meat with cause more inflamation in your body. 

700 grams is about a pound and a half, roughly.  For a big guy who's a weightlifter, that's not excessive.  However, I agree that he could probably reduce the meat consumption a little bit without problems.  In fact it might help him, for the reasons you mentioned. 

The protein in raw meat is so much more digestible than in cooked meat that you don't need to eat nearly as much.

Offline Azyth

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 11:42:40 am »
700 gr of meat is roughly 130 gr of protein. I weigh 175 lbs at about 9% bf 5'10. I need to consume about 200 gr of protein per day. If I take it only from meat it means about 1000 gr of meat per day.

Anyway, dont worry about how much I need for bodybuilding. I just wonder if its ok to eat raw so much. If not I'll replace some with some protein powder and nuts as well as some cheese and eggs.

So I got some ground organic grass fed beef. Can I just take it out of the package, add some salt and black pepper and just eat it straight? I've heard some people add lemon juice why?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 12:23:14 pm »
700 gr of meat is roughly 130 gr of protein. I weigh 175 lbs at about 9% bf 5'10. I need to consume about 200 gr of protein per day. If I take it only from meat it means about 1000 gr of meat per day.

Anyway, dont worry about how much I need for bodybuilding. I just wonder if its ok to eat raw so much. If not I'll replace some with some protein powder and nuts as well as some cheese and eggs.

So I got some ground organic grass fed beef. Can I just take it out of the package, add some salt and black pepper and just eat it straight? I've heard some people add lemon juice why?

It's fine to eat that much raw meat.  I eat close to a pound of raw fish daily, with no problems.

Yes, you can just take it out of the package.  There's no need to add lemon juice, some people do that to kill bacteria, but those bacteria actually help you digest the meat.  As far as salt and pepper, it's fine to use those in the beginning.  You will eventually begin to enjoy  the meat plain.

Offline Azyth

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 12:33:52 pm »
It's fine to eat that much raw meat.  I eat close to a pound of raw fish daily, with no problems.

Yes, you can just take it out of the package.  There's no need to add lemon juice, some people do that to kill bacteria, but those bacteria actually help you digest the meat.  As far as salt and pepper, it's fine to use those in the beginning.  You will eventually begin to enjoy  the meat plain.

Thank you! I'll give it a try... it really seems weird to eat raw meat I admit!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:35:01 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 04:12:40 pm »
Also. If the meat comes in plastic packaging. Don't keep it in there. Store the meat in a glass container of some sort, like the glass Mason jars.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk