Author Topic: What would YOU do?  (Read 7380 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
What would YOU do?
« on: July 27, 2011, 04:48:18 am »
If you discovered raw paleo at age of lets say approximately 15 -16?
Would your life look different? Would you make different decisions in life?
Did you ever wish to really discover all this at such an age?
And at what age did you discover raw paleo?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:58:32 am by achillezzz »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: What would YOU do?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 05:51:03 am »
29, almost 30, after almost a decade of searching on- and off-line and experimenting with numerous other types of diets. I wish I had discovered rawpalaeo from birth.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:44:08 am »
I discovered raw paleo at 38 years old.

If I had known at 15 years of age, I would have been healthier and more intelligent and may have been richer with more children.

Hopefully my children will be given a better boost.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:26:58 pm »
In health terms it would have been much better to discover it earlier than 15-16.

Being vegetarian, and not a health conscious one and not really exercising means I have narrow shoulders..I believe my skeleton didn't develop to it's full extent.

Having said that...raw paleo at 16? I dunno. I would rather have discovered some cooked paleo scheme that I could stick to 80-90% at that age. Health is good, but it's hard to be completely out of step with what other people are doing, never eating with others etc. I find for various reasons raw paleo demands being all or nothing more.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 01:57:36 pm »
AFAIK your children are on rawpaleo once in the blue moon ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:11:36 pm by Hannibal »
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 02:08:46 pm »
I keep trying...
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 09:31:32 am »
I discovered it at 19. I'm barely 20 now.

Hmm... Maybe I'd be a bit taller. Maybe I wouldn't have turned out to be a total schizoid but it may be genetic; I've always been a bit weird and socially retarded.

Honestly I try not to think about the what abouts, the might have beens, and the could have beens. It only brings me down.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 09:56:47 am »
Discovered @ 56. All experiences lead to the next. If you don't go through each phase then the importance of the next step will not be recognized. Therefore you can slide easily.

Was a 23 year vege. No regrets. I wasn't unhealthy.
Cheers
Al

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 10:56:33 am »
Discovered raw paleo a few months ago, at age 59.

At age 14, I decided to become a vegetarian. That worked well for me until I got older. I don't believe that I could have had a different life. This one was just what I was supposed to live. Regret is more toxic than any noxious substance we might ingest.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Taste Sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 11:52:43 am »
After trying pretty much most of the cooked up diets, I discovered Primal Diet in my mid 20's, by reading "We Wanna Live it Up" by Aajonus. At first i felt better, probably due to cutting out all grains and cooking, but gradually my health declined, which made me drop the diet and return back to sickness. Now I know that the reason I declined on raw, was from following AV advice to juice the greens, eat raw egg whites, drinking lots of raw milk, mixing honey and butter, preparing the "Nut Formula", and the rest of his ridiculous food combining. So it was another few years before I got back on track and adopted raw paleo, since I was pretty skeptical of raw diets after AV.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 12:14:03 pm »
Discovered @ 56. All experiences lead to the next. If you don't go through each phase then the importance of the next step will not be recognized. Therefore you can slide easily.

Was a 23 year vege. No regrets. I wasn't unhealthy.
. Imagine you knew all this stuff At very early age you would had an opportunity to build a beautiful healthy physique through diet and exercise you could be an alpha male of your friends group! It's exactly the time when you need that knowledge... Most of the times when people find out anything of value about diet and exercise it's usually too late to give them any edge in life. Basically What I want to know is what would you change if you had an opportunity to go back with your current knowledge would you be more aggressive in life? Would you go to college What would you change if you could.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 12:25:38 pm »
I discovered raw paleo at 38 years old.

If I had known at 15 years of age, I would have been healthier and more intelligent and may have been richer with more children.

your children are very lucky I'm sure they will have tons of edges other the non paleo kids... Better at school better at sports more beautiful more charmic more everything and better in life in general but when you find out about rpd at age 40 60?? Wtf will it do for you?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 04:13:58 am »
Eating raw food and meat and having a good physique and the like, although good things, do not make one into an alpha. If you know dogs you know this. Sometimes the tiniest weakest looking dog will the be the alpha and alphas are not aggressive. They are calm and assertive. They walk into the room and you feel their energy. When you meet an alpha you feel calm, like they have things under control, like there is someone you know you can depend on present. They rarely have to growl, bark, yell, fight - usually they don't even make a sound or do anything and you know. The dogs that are aggressive are the ones that are forced into an alpha role when they are not innately meant for it, the same goes for humans.

Granted, if you are sick and unable to stand up straight and put forth who you are innately inside, that will get in the way.

Another thing is, just because you are exposed to an idea, doesn't necessarily mean that you have the inner strength and ability to follow what you know is right when it is against what everyone in society is telling you is right or - just what everyone else wants to do - especially when it comes to something as addicting and as social as food is. In a sense, you would need to be a leader just to be willing to stand that far out of the crowd at a time of life when fitting in feels so important to so many. Humans are very tribal. We live and work in groups and it is very important for one person not to challenge the tribe too much or we could end up on our own in the wilderness. There is safety in numbers so it is not an easy thing to go against your entire tribe - no matter how strongly you feel what you are doing is right for you. Most people only get into eating a natural diet because they are really sick and feel like they have no choice.

So, if you could do this at an early age not because you were sick it would mean most likely that you were already an alpha or had parents that were strong alphas. What very lucky children those are. They would feel truly safe and cared for and get real nutrition to become whoever they are - whether alpha or not. Every member of the group is important.

Alphas btw in wolf packs tend to die the youngest. They have so much responsibility. Be careful what you wish for.

I was the only person I had met that was into eating raw foods for the last 30 years before just recently and did it because it made sense and felt right to me. I did not care if I fit in. I did not do drugs when every single other person in my high school did. In our society, the alphas are not necessarily the ones who really know, have things straight, are the most in touch or are worth listening to.....sadly. There was no place for a shaman in the tribe where I grew up. A shaman is someone who listens deeply to their inner voice no matter what anyone says and has healing powers because of it. A shaman will go the way they are guided from the inside even if they have to go it totally on their own, because it is harder for a shaman to ignore the inner calling than the calling of the tribe. 

If it makes any difference though my diet has allowed me to be more naturally who I am so I have achieved every goal I had for myself in this lifetime quite a while back and I made some outrageous goals for myself very early on. I'm making some new goals now, but they are the just for fun kind, not the life-purpose ones.

If you are 16 and find your natural diet and know it is what will make you strong - my suggestion would be NOT to try to be an alpha - but use it to allow the power of who you really are shine through. Whether or not you are an alpha it will be so much easier if you can convince or find others to also eat in ways that are healthy. If you are an alpha you can lead people into it effortlessly as they will just want to follow you naturally. If you are not an alpha or a shaman the good thing is that there is now the internet where you can find an alpha to guide you. Alpha does not mean better or more important - just a different role. The alpha role is very stressful and unnatural and bad for those that are not alphas to force on themselves.

If we all were raised more naturally so we didn't have to be an alpha or beta that wishes to fight to be alpha or a weirdo shaman or really sick to make us want to eat raw food against all the forces of our tribe/society, my guess is that all that would happen is that we would be subject to the other influences of our tribe instead - but perhaps also able to be more in touch with our innate proclivities.

Ours is one of the first societies where individualism is an attribute that is honored and appreciated. Eating a paleo diet in modern society.... these could be very interesting times ahead indeed.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 05:21:59 am »
Actualy,  arecent study stated that alpha males were always under heightened levels of stress due to having to maintain their dominance all the time.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 06:50:44 am »
Ah - so maybe they live shorter lives not so much because of the responsibility as the defending of the position? Interesting. But how do they really know what is the stressor?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk