Author Topic: RP food items that promote bone health?  (Read 11902 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: RP food items that promote bone health?
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 08:55:27 am »
I take a rasp and grind it on the leg bones of the lamb I slaughter, in order to make homemade bone meal.

Its a workout in itself and I usually get a few table spoons of finely ground meal before my arms get tired. Then I chew a big wad of it like gum. I often have to ration some out to my children who swarm me like vultures for taste.

The list of wrong foods that may contribute to loss of bone density is long.

*Most refined carbohydrates, particularly grains and starches.
* Anti nutrients from many plants including soy.

How to reach proper bacterial balance?

That question is the at the heart of the great search for the holiest of holy in attaining optimal health.
The various factors are so numerous and the particular needs of each individual are so different that there isn't any definite answer.

My girlfriend is a borderline veterinarian who eats some fermented soy, and makes Kombutcha tea and a little kifer. Because she subsist off of primarily vegetable matter her optimal bacterial balance is much different from someone like myself who eats 2 pounds of animal flesh per day.

Also my nutritional requirements for vitamins like K2 and mineral like calcium are probably much lower than for people who consume large amounts of anti-nutrients contained in non paleo foods- Including soy.

I eat putrefied meat, and god knows what kind of bacterial profile or vitamin exist in those jars of rotten meat. Sadly there isn't much scientific research in this department, so these claims that rotten meat could optimize the absorption of bone building nutrients are not being investigated.

You could give a basic outline of your diet and from there maybe people on the forum could make better suggestions...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:08:03 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 09:40:09 am »
I find a raw specific carbohydrate diet helps with my bacteria.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 01:37:53 pm »
Thanks, sabertooth.

DaBoss, what do you mean by "raw specific carbohydrate diet"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk