Author Topic: How to cure insomnia?  (Read 18293 times)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How to cure insomnia?
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 10:29:14 am »
Perhaps she would benefit from exploring what is known as polyphasic sleep cycles. Sounds like she is most of the way there already.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 01:23:24 pm »
@troll - this really highlights how much of a drugs effect is dependant on the subject rather than the drug itself! Also in agreement with you many times smoking herb was an amazing way for me to just doze off and fall asleep. So it could be really useful for some insomniacs, especially if they are not going on RPD, or to use during transition. From my personal experience some of us who do not have your mental constitution would need someone else to control the dose so they didn't just waste their life and money puffing and dreaming up shit! The ideal for sleep would be a puff or two a couple of hours before bedtime. And as you say they would need to experiment with the variety and amount of ageing to find the best option (ageing effects the active ingredients).

I have just eaten 1 month ground ripened high fish, so I'm feeling pretty high myself right now :)

how did you ground ripen your fish?
-----------

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 02:27:16 pm »
@Troll - well that was just fancy talk for burying a fish in the dirt in the vege garden for a month - see the high meat thread for photos.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 05:47:30 pm »
I read that Tim Feriss in his "4 hour body" book mentioned something about falling asleep in just 7 minutes with a device called "nightwave".

There is also a free Android app called NightWave that has the same function. You just match you breathing pattern with the intermittent blue light, that's it.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 08:57:21 pm »
Do you know if the pattern is changing or simply a breaths per minute Majormark? 

Offline intrigued

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 09:30:11 pm »
A quick search for a device gives the following description on amazon -

"...you lie with eyes open and synchronize your breathing with the wave of soft light as its movement becomes slower and slower..."

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 09:54:35 pm »
Ah - so you are just slowing down your breathing in increments. You could try to do that without the device. That's how I go to sleep at night and I usually go to sleep very quickly. When I don't fall asleep right away I have noticed that my breathing is quicker. As soon as I slow it down, I'm fast asleep.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 09:56:58 pm »
I read most people fall asleep withing 10 minutes. I would be less than that.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 11:34:40 am »
I am getting  to sleep quickly after listening to the hypnotism MP3 CD that came with Dr Patrick McCarthy's book Relax. He has a slow calm Scottish voice, and on the 1st track 'Relaxation Attack' he begins with a childhood story about using the focus of a magnifying  glass to set fire to paper. He then gets you to focus on each part of your body in turn, starting with a foot, and feeling the muscle fibres relax. He relates this to a wax sculpture that starts to melt on the inside as it is heated. This has been great for getting to sleep, better than anything else I have tried  :)

"Future books are planned for release in 2013 including how to combat Insomnia and Irritable Bowel Syndrome, how to make childbirth more comfortable and how to help treat infertility."

http://www.huia.co.nz/?pg=107&authorid=343

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 12:14:44 pm »
i fall asleep soon as my head hits the pillow. Maybe thats because I smoke herb every night.
Dont take that as it making me lazy though because im highly active pretty much every minute of the day, stoned or not. The herb just makes getting to sleep absurdly easy.
-----------

Offline Wai Kai Zen

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Raw Knowledge and Experience
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 03:14:42 pm »
Try some Epsom Salt, I guarantee u will have very good sleep.  :)
Reminder to myself:
Search for truth, not dogma.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 06:29:34 pm »
Get a job diging holes, landscaping and you will be too exhausted to care about sleep. Just resting will be enough.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline yeetingt

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 06:40:43 pm »
I don't know with many of you guys but for me whenever I cannot sleep, what I usually do is lie down, take a rosary and pray my 150 rosary. Sometimes, I didn't complete the rosary and the next thing I know I woke up and it's almost morning already.

You may try acupressure, stop drinking coffee, some Qigong breathing, oil pulling and zapping.
God bless.
Ted

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 06:47:30 pm »
Sleeplessness is part of my life for more than 25 years. I tried everything, without success.

The only thing that works for me in this regard is a raw zero carb meat based diet. This diet lets me sleep like a baby, not always but very often.

Löwenherz

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 03:58:49 am »
People with smoking addiction and if they are even on a slightest dose on psychiatric drug, can they relief from insomnia from raw animals diet? Remember, that mental patient also follows some vitamin therapy. I m curious to know. Thanks.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 12:45:28 pm »
Sleeplessness is part of my life for more than 25 years. I tried everything, without success.

The only thing that works for me in this regard is a raw zero carb meat based diet. This diet lets me sleep like a baby, not always but very often.

Löwenherz

Good to hear that this is mostly a solution for you Löwenherz  :)

I am curious as to what kinds of plant foods do you eat?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk