Author Topic: fruit vs cooked root vegetables  (Read 3735 times)

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
fruit vs cooked root vegetables
« on: August 11, 2010, 01:13:49 pm »
if you are only eating a small ammount of carbs, fruit is obviously the superior choice due to it's nutrient density...but if you are going to eat 40%+ of calories from carbs which would you favour? No frying or roasting, just boiled in water.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: fruit vs cooked root vegetables
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 01:56:11 pm »
depends on the fruit
depends on the root vegetables.

What have you got there?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 02:33:40 pm »
Typical fruits - oranges, bananas, kiwifruits, melons. Mainly bananas though because it's hard to eat enough other fruits to get calories. For root vegetables potato, sweet potato, taro.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 06:44:11 pm »
Typical fruits - oranges, bananas, kiwifruits, melons. Mainly bananas though because it's hard to eat enough other fruits to get calories. For root vegetables potato, sweet potato, taro.

Depends on the type of bananas.  Is that banana native to you or is it imported?  Is it factory farmed?

From my country, we export the worst bananas, the cavendish, sprayed and treated with all the *cides you can think of.  Natives don't eat it, we think foreigners who buy it from us are nuts.  We don't even sell cavendish in our local wet markets.

Now raw SABA bananas are pretty good for athletic stuff.  The vegetarians swear by them.  Don't let them ripen too much.

Sweet potatoes are pretty good too, although they aren't raw.

You just have to self experiment and see.

Depends on how you are going to use them if you are in healing mode or athletic mode, etc.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 09:15:23 pm »
I always remember my father pointing out how trendy leftwing retards at a certain conference in Europe were appalled/confused when an Indian casually pointed out in passing that much of the tea that Westerners drank was actually mostly derived from the leavings dropped on the factory-floor, mere 10th-rate versions of tea-leaves, nothing more(they'd obviously assumed that 3rd-world-produce must be of the highest calibre, by implication). I'm amused to find a similiar example.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 09:47:57 pm »
Stick to sweet potatoes imo, slightly more nutrient dense then bananas and pretty tasty.

The problem with fruit is its fructose content, if your eating 40% of calories from carbs that's a significant amount of fructose.  Very little fructose can be stored as muscle glycogen and generally most is stored in the liver, the liver can only hold so much so over burdening it with fructose isn't the healthiest practice.  Not to mention fructoses susceptibility to AGEs.  Cooked starches on the other hand are primarily glucose, which the body can use for all glycogen needs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk