Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Oliveo13

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:13:43 am »
Hi All,

I have been on a raw food diet for 7 months to help overcome Lyme disease. I started out as vegan but soon came to realize I was not going to feel good unless I included some animal protein in my diet. I am now trying to figure out the right amount of animal vs vegetable and fruit but I am thinking fish, lightly seared, a couple of times a week and beef maybe once a month. I tried doing raw egg yolk but ended up with terrible hives so unfortunately that is not an option. It is nice to be in a forum to discuss these issues.

Olive O.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 08:17:58 am »
Hello Oliveo13!

I look forward to reading about your progress with your diet and in overcoming Lyme disease!  I've heard of people having success with their Lyme disease on raw meat/fat diets.  There's a family on another forum that had much success with a pemmican diet. 

Good luck!!

Ioanna

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 09:45:49 am »
My 5 yr old son is allergic to anything chicken, cooked chicken, raw chicken, cooked eggs, raw eggs... all even if organic or fertilized or home fed... must be the blood type thing as D'adamo observed.

But give my son raw duck, cooked duck, raw duck egg, cooked duck egg, he's fine.

I came from raw vegan and fruitarian, fish seemed easy at first, but when I got into the swing of high fat now raw beef is more appealing.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 05:07:00 pm »
Well, I would suggest slowly adding in meat/fish, but, IMO, most of us heal much faster with large proportions of meat in them(ie low-carb to very low-carb). While some have claimed to do better on zero-carb or high-carb, these tend to be in the minority in the RAF movement.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk