Author Topic: Who here believes this?  (Read 2685 times)

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
Who here believes this?
« on: June 04, 2012, 07:08:07 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18206191

Truly ridiculous if you ask me..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:22:37 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Who here believes this?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 07:10:17 pm »
When i'm working in my garden i always use my bare hands and i never wash any of my veggies from my own garden. I like to get some of the microbes from my healthy soil in me.
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:49:19 pm »
if they are composting waste from sick animals or industrial agriculture i can see that if its not brought up to sufficient temps or roasted for long enough there would be a chance for pathogenic bacteria to thrive...its all just a symptom of malpractice in another step in the process

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 02:06:17 am »
I believe it. I've reminded myself many times after putting in compost bought from a store to wash my hands. It's not the same as my own compost. Also, with people  having weakened immune systems from cooking all those vegetables and smoking etc. they wouldn't be able to fight off some rare bug that their immune system didn't already know. Could happen.

Doesn't mean that you have to worry HIT because you are seriously into building truly healthy soil by adding great amendments ... whereas I add things like chlorine and compost form big box stores! :o

Offline cobalamin

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 04:37:52 am »
I believe it 100%.

The dirt is the home of those microbes. Do you think you can invade their home and they aren't going to put up a fight?

When i'm working in my garden i always use my bare hands and i never wash any of my veggies from my own garden. I like to get some of the microbes from my healthy soil in me.

What you are suggesting is risky behaviour. For Vitamin B12? Thats not where we humans get the vitamin and neither is from animal products.

A little lesson. We have microbes in our colon that are harmful to us if they get out of the colon. How do you think these microbes got in our colon in the first place? Before birth? The appendix. The purpose of the appendix is to produce the microbes in the colon, while mouth, esophagus, stomach and small instestinal microbes come during/after birth, from the vaginal secreation when a baby comes out and mother-baby skin-to-skin contact. Well... I feel sorry for all those babies that had to come out through a C-section and all those babies that aren't held in the nude by their mothers.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 06:20:39 am »
Are you kidding me cobalamin.
Babies put everything in their mouth including dirt. They do this top build their gut fora and immune system.
It was recently proven that preventing them from doing this by raising them to clean hindered this progress leading to vitamin k deficiency because of inadequate gut flora. Of course they solved that by giving babies vitamin k shots.
A lot of members here including myself have benefited from eating all kinds of rotten and or fermented animal produces.
Canines bury part of a kill so the soil microbes can ferment it.
No animal washes their veggies. My soil And produce are healthy so I've nothing to fear from it. I would eat a handful including the worm.and other living things in it without a sweat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk