Author Topic: Your thoughts on my High Meat preparation. I'm using 12 litre jar with more meat  (Read 8346 times)

Offline fireball

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
High fish is generally great, but you need to get used to it gradually, trying varieties of raw fish becoming progressively rotten over many weeks.    Correctly aired, and kept outside the refrigerator it will never get too rotten to enjoy, and improve with age, unless allowed to dry out.

I've had two very small pieces of the rotting fish now over 4 days. No problems. I am really liking my new method of having the lid left off the big jar and the jars with clip lids open in the cooler box. It smells more when i open the side cupboard but no flies are getting to it. I'm just glad more oxygen gets in when doing it this way. The fish (herring) turns completely slimy and mushy. It looks completely different now.

the more oily or fatty the fish is, the more oxidized oils or fats you'll be ingesting.  Fish are mostly pufa rich, which go rancid very quickly.
  I share the opinion that traditionally fish was fermented or dried as a means to stay alive when sources of food were not available.  And, yes, one can develop a taste for it in spite of the rancid fats.  But only until recently has there been an understanding of how damaging rancid pufas can be.

Oh damn. Yeah, I remember reading the controversy around Green Pasture's fermented cod liver oil, which I've actually had in my fridge for a good few months along with their 'High Vitamin Butter Oil'. Are you guys sure that polyunsaturated fat rich rotten fish isn't dangerous and unhealthy? Is it worth skipping the rotten fish altogether?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Given that Green Pastures business, I now buy only that Rosita cod liver oil and ratfish oil as they claim to use only genuinely fresh, raw cod liver oil, using an ancient method.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline fireball

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Given that Green Pastures business, I now buy only that Rosita cod liver oil and ratfish oil as they claim to use only genuinely fresh, raw cod liver oil, using an ancient method.

Thanks for that. I will be buying the one you buy from now on :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk