Author Topic: Forum for sharing food sources  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Spirit Bear

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Forum for sharing food sources
« on: December 29, 2012, 05:40:00 pm »
Can there be a forum for sharing location-specific raw or high quality food sources? I wanted to ask for some good stores or farms near my city in the personals section, but realized it would be off-topic.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Forum for sharing food sources
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 09:10:42 pm »
No, you can post about local food-sources in the personals forum. I'm sure that's fine, last I checked.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 01:20:41 am »
Yeah but nobody would suspect to go to the personals section looking for food Ty haha! I get your resistance because this stuff takes time, energy and maybe money to implement and you guys have done so much already, but it sure would be nice to have a list of vetted sources for each region that are RVAF approved, meaning they don't violate any of our ideals for food, which means animals on their most natural diets possible. I'm traveling in CA right now and I've been kind of surprised at how unavailable organ meats are, I wonder if they all get bought by restaurants since people are more hip out here. Would have been really nice if there was a list of numbers and I could just dial up farmers and say "Hi, I'll be in town such and such days and I'd like to work out getting some organ meats from you" Then you set up a time and boom, done.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 03:23:02 am »
I thought of the above, ages ago, but it doesn't work. Many of us live in vicious countries which frown on selling mundane things like organ-meats etc., so that most of us find only occasional, small-time farmers for our sources. Even worse, many such sources can be very short-term in duration. For example, in the past 10 years, I could not find raw bone-marrow for the first 4 of those years, despite phoning all the time. Then I found a great source that lasted c.2 years(I'd had to tell them the marrow was for human consumption so that they sold me thick enough bones). Then I found  3 other sources for 3 more years - one of those sources was a tenth-rater who resented having to cut up bones at the local farmers' market given that marrow was so cheap, so he pretended they were no longer available). I mean, the c*nt could have cut them up beforehand but was too lazy - another source decided eventually  it was only profitable to sell within 100km of the farm etc.. The last 3 years, I have excellent sources of raw wild game, but all the hunters get almost all the raw organ-meats to eat beforehand.

What I mean is that small-time farmers are the most likely to provide the best quality of raw meats. The trouble is that their business practices change all the time every few months as they switch between farmers' markets etc., due to seasonal problems or whatever. Then there's the astonishing fact that most Internet-users are bone-idle. I noticed this when I previously  did 2 massive efforts to improve rawpaleodiet.com and then the raw foodism wikipedia page, but found that no one else was interested. Yet, if a dozen others had each been bothered to spend less than 10% of the time I'd taken, things would have gone more smoothly re updating info etc. *sigh* I will soon have to try updating rawpaleodiet.com again without any help.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk