Author Topic: EXTREMELY new.....hello  (Read 6505 times)

Offline Tooterbelle

• Forager
    • View Profile
EXTREMELY new.....hello
« on: October 23, 2011, 06:00:05 am »
Hi all!  Boy am I grateful for the powers of google.  I had read a bit about the raw food diet, but wasnt too sure about giving it a shot or not until I was able to find some more information, and this board. 

My reason for trying it is that I am already eating a mostly paleo/low carb diet and despite an immense improvement in my overall health the past couple of years, I still have very uncomfortable and energy depleting indigestion, as well as an inability to lose weight (stress from food, job, life?  i don't know).  I have considered doing GAPS in the past, but because I am a weightlifter, I do not believe GAPS would provide enough energy for me. 

I am going to spend a few days reading information and mentally preparing myself for this, but am currently thinking a combination of GAPS approved foods and a raw diet.  I will likely go cold turkey.  I did cold turkey on coffee a few weeks ago (after 16 years), and did much better than I expected too. 

Thanks for being here in this group :) 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: EXTREMELY new.....hello
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 01:33:28 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Raw diets are well known to lead to weight-loss.

Incidentally, check out the Info for Newbies section as it gives info on how to get used to eating raw meats, where to buy the best quality/cheapest raw foods etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 05:38:27 pm »
    Welcome, Tooterbelle!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 08:15:46 pm »
Welcome to the Raw Paleo World!

Have a nice trip!  ;)

Löwenherz

Offline dmoffett

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Dan's Low Carb Journey
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 05:30:38 am »
Welcome from another newbie. Have you eliminated wheat from your diet?
Read "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis.
I've dropped 142 pounds and lots of physical problems.

Offline Tooterbelle

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 09:22:29 am »
thanks all.  i haven't made the decision to go cold turkey yet, but that i would make raw what i could easily do.  i'm already a pretty good chef and familiar with a lot of different cooking (or, i guess, not cooking) methods.  i'm also very familiar with where to get local grass fed meats or to order online.  there is actually only one cut of meat in my fridge/freezer right now that i would be uncomfortable with eating raw. 

ate (swallowed) chicken liver today.  washed the blood off first, wasn't quite ready for that.  had a coconut milk/raw egg smoothie for breakfast (done that one many times before). 

i am keeping this a secret from family and friends right now.  not sure how to explain this. 

dropped wheat close to zero for quite awhile now. 

oh, and my awesome dog took straight to raw eating (she hated the food from the shelter, devours any paleo or high protein dry dog food).  i cut up a whole chicken for her, and she absolutely destroyed 1 wing and 1 thigh so far.  :)  took her by the vet to be weighed today, so i can make sure she is eating enough during the transition. 

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 03:14:22 pm »
.  there is actually only one cut of meat in my fridge/freezer right now that i would be uncomfortable with eating raw. 

ate (swallowed) chicken liver today.  washed the blood off first, wasn't quite ready for that.. 

i am keeping this a secret from family and friends right now.  not sure how to explain this.. 

oh, and my awesome dog took straight to raw eating (she hated the food from the shelter, devours any paleo or high protein dry dog food).  i cut up a whole chicken for her, and she absolutely destroyed 1 wing and 1 thigh so far.. 

How nice you have your dog to share this with and that she isn't in the shelter.  My cats are rescues and the only 'people' who live with me who eat (raw) meat with me.  The rest, my humans, they're chicken or sommething, would probably wish they didn't know I eat it, let alone the animals eating it too!
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 09:51:46 pm »
raw liver and coconut milk makes a nice curry , then you dont have to rinse the liver, the spices are also good ward off pathogenic bacteria

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 07:13:34 am »
Welcome!

I have switched a bunch of rescued canines to all raw and they take to it like water all at once. No worry about feeding too little, it's usually that they want to bolt way too much when they suddenly get "real" food. Better to under-feed a bit at first than to overfeed and feel the tummy to see if getting skinny and increase the amount if losing weight. Most American dogs like most American humans are fat anyway and could use a bit of calorie restriction.  ;)

It's great fun sharing food with dogs. RawZi - doesn't your boy eat raw fishes and such with you? I didn't realize you were alone with your eating at your house.  :( 

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 11:26:32 am »
Quote from: Dorothy link=topic=5821.msg78470#msg78470
It's great fun sharing food with dogs. RawZi - doesn't your boy eat raw fishes and such with you? I didn't realize you were alone with your eating at your house.  :( 

He would still be vegan if he could. He's eating dairy and honey now, as without them, there is no without them. He tried fish for a few days, as fish are not as "nice" as other animals, like chickens. The fish made him anemic, so no more fish. I hope he can eat eggs and meat and get well. We'll see. I'll let you know.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 02:21:02 pm »
Hello there and good skill.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 01:21:58 am »
    He would still be vegan if he could. He's eating dairy and honey now, as without them, there is no without them. He tried fish for a few days, as fish are not as "nice" as other animals, like chickens. The fish made him anemic, so no more fish. I hope he can eat eggs and meat and get well. We'll see. I'll let you know.

Ah yes - the internal bleeding that you mentioned. You told me that one has to have fat with fish - but never went into this more with me re hubbie - would you please? I'll make sure that every fish sauce has raw egg yolk and every single piece of sashimi has avocado (which we often do because so yummy - but not always).

Does he refuse to eat meat because he loves animals? Have you tried eggs with him yet? -- I know you get those wonderful eggs from the carnivore chickens! How old is he now Zi? I remember your story from way back how sick he was being a vegetarian and how a big part of the reason you moved back to eating animal foods was to save his life. I for some reason thought that was all over with him.

I wonder if he would be willing to eat bugs from his "ethical" standpoint or if he would be grossed out by that. I keep on thinking that I might try some cooked bugs to start myself out on with it. Does he eat all raw or does he eat cooked foods too? In what ways is he still sick?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 08:08:49 am »
Does he eat all raw or does he eat cooked foods too? In what ways is he still sick?

He eats/drinks 100% raw diet and does not imbibe at all in smoking, burning incense nor candles.  That's all here, as this is Tooterbelle's thread.  I'll try to find your one about hubbie.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 08:10:54 am »
Ah, yes, my apologies Tooterbelle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk