Author Topic: Who had an organ transplant, and now eats a raw paleo diet?  (Read 1860 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Who had an organ transplant, and now eats a raw paleo diet?
« on: October 25, 2011, 04:57:38 pm »
    Want to know if I can help some a certain friend.  I know people with organ transplants take immunity-suppressing drugs, so doctors would say more than ever that raw meat is all bad.  What's your experience or thoughts?  Actually, not for transplant, but I was supposed to take those drugs, but I tried raw meat and it just makes me healthy.  I know transplant is something else.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Who had an organ transplant, and now eats a raw paleo diet?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 04:17:16 am »
I can make an educated guess RawZi. With those drugs I would imagine that especially starting a raw meat diet could be dangerous. The same bacteria and parasites that with a functioning immune system would make you just stronger and put your immune system into training instead could have open reign with those drugs and a parasite/bacteria infection could take over. I personally wouldn't chance it.

Someone already on a raw paleo diet probably wouldn't need the drugs or the transplant, but if they did, well, then you would have to weigh and balance the stress of changing a diet to harder to digest foods with the above concerns. Not an easy choice. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk