Author Topic: Headache  (Read 7298 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Headache
« on: September 11, 2009, 07:00:24 am »
Anyone else get a headache from eating raw beef('normal' store beef)? Didn't eat all that much of it but I could feel it coming on(and remaining) along with mild sickness(brain thinking, whether correctly or not, that it has ingested toxins - if the feeling gets strong enough the body will throw up. False example is dizziness)
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Headache
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 05:06:23 pm »
Well, I've never heard of anyone getting headaches from raw beef(Unless perhaps the beef was chemically-treated(I've heard that sometimes ground/minced beef is affected as butchers often clean their knifes with various harsh chemicals which can then get onto the meat)).

On the other hand, it could be due to some form of detox. If it goes away after a while, it should be detox.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 08:50:59 pm »
I often get headaches from eating raw beef, and they are always in the morning.
I fix it with organic coffee because I don't eat in the morning, however the cause has always been not enough fat, so I think of them as low-fat headaches.

"This trouble is worse for the forest Indians who depend at times on rabbits, the leanest animal in the North, and they develop rabbit starvation.  This leads to headache, lassitude, a vague discomfort, and diarrhea."
I don't get the diarrhea.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 04:43:16 am »
I get head aches when I go off raw paleo too much and then return 100% to eating raw meat only. I guess it's the first step in the adaptive process, probably something to do with lack of carbs and removing the salts and other stuff that I consumed going off the diet.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 01:11:29 pm »
I often get headaches from eating raw beef, and they are always in the morning.
I fix it with organic coffee because I don't eat in the morning, however the cause has always been not enough fat, so I think of them as low-fat headaches.

If you are getting morning headaches and they are alleviated by coffee then what you are experiencing is caffeine withdrawl.  It can take several days for the headaches to go away once you stop all caffeine, and then several weeks for that nagging "something is missing" feeling to finally disappear.

I've been through this cycle several times over the years from drinking and then attempting to stop consuming caffeinated soft drinks.  I've been caffeine free now for about 10 years and it was really tough to break.  With soft drinks I was not only fighting the caffeine withdrawl, but also the sugar withdrawl as well.  It was quite a rollercoaster for awhile.

Lex

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 07:55:14 pm »
Detox right after eating raw beef mince?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 08:41:57 pm »
I had a headache for 6 weeks when I started RPD, had nightmares as well for a few months. I struggled transitioning.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 08:53:08 pm »
I had a headache for 6 weeks when I started RPD, had nightmares as well for a few months. I struggled transitioning.

Wow... what made you persevere?

I on the other hand had instant "love at first bite" coming from 2 months of raw fruitarian (maybe I was already detoxed enough).
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 09:12:05 pm »
I was  desperate and the diet made rational sense to me.

But even with the headache after a month my skin became smooth/soft. No vitamin pill every did that for me.I knew things were changing for the better.

Albert Camus

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 09:14:50 pm »
This was when I went fully RPD, I had been eating RAF for nearly year before this but still eating some crap and drinking alot too!

Albert Camus

William

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 09:34:50 pm »
If you are getting morning headaches and they are alleviated by coffee then what you are experiencing is caffeine withdrawl.  It can take several days for the headaches to go away once you stop all caffeine, and then several weeks for that nagging "something is missing" feeling to finally disappear.

That seems reasonable, but it does not explain why I never get the headache if I have eaten enough fat the day before.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 10:49:21 am »
That seems reasonable, but it does not explain why I never get the headache if I have eaten enough fat the day before.

My experience has been that caffeine headaches can be quite variable - on one day, fine the next, then back 2 days latter.  They are usually gone completely within a week or so, and if you stay away from caffeine they will not return.  Possibly other dietary elements are what cause the on-again-off-again nature of the withdrawl, but I could never pin point it to anything specific like fat consumption.

Lex

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk