Author Topic: Anti-AGE supplements  (Read 2471 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Anti-AGE supplements
« on: April 17, 2011, 02:49:41 pm »
I've been looking into anti-AGE supplements(those which help reduce the levels of advanced glycation end products in the human body). I have a few older relatives who do some things right(eat lots of raw and lightly cooked plant foods, little in the way of cooked animal foods, especially cooked animal fat, plus going in for caloric restriction and exercise) but none of them will contemplate eating raw animal foods  and so have  nasty arthritis symptoms and the like. So, I read about benfotiamine on the life extension forums and was thinking of buying a few bottles thereof for 1 or 2 of my relatives. I was wondering if anyone here had gone in for such stuff?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-AGE supplements
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 08:34:10 pm »
I haven't heard of this one, but a lot of that anti-aging stuff for one person that says it's the elixir of life, there's another that says it has no effect or it's poison. I don't know how much any of it does. If they're doing those diet things, they're probably doing pretty much all they can.

I'm not really interested in supplements unless they can improve my performance and I can see the effect now.

If they're motivated they could get into trigger point therapy for the pain/stiffness etc. My reference books says some arthritis symptoms are not actually caused by arthritis even if it is present, but myofascial pain.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 11:02:05 pm »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 11:12:18 pm »
Only one trial though. Who knows?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 07:21:44 am »
Tyler,

My GF and I are prone to arthritis. Basically we maintain an Ayurvedic diet, in other words we eat the foods appropriate to our doshas. This prevents it.

If we stray and eat anything junk for more than a day or two depending on what it is, we get discomfort.

Basically it's like explanations for other issues. When you eat improper foods you get incomplete or no digestion and if the conditions in your intestines are appropo then some of this undigested food makes it through the osmotic barrier into the blood stream and collects in a weak area in the body which in this case happens to be the joints. Could be somewhere else and you would get another disease.

There are things that can help such as increasing the circulation in that area with massage and certain heating oils (the oils themselves have a heating effect.) to help mobilize the crap or toxins from the affected area but the best way is to cut it off at the pass by not eating improper foods in the first place.

Any other cure is a bandaid.

Certain foods will tend to naturally clean the blood. I would try to eat celery.

Other than that I would have some triphala (three fruits in Sanskrit)  which is essentially a body cleaner that is extremely mild. Take it with some sort of liquid. Here is a link to the highest quality triphala at the best price. No I don't gain from that. Anything with the Maharishi Ayurveda brand name is the best quality.

Specifically for arthritis I would take this combo and rub the oil into the afflicted area.
Oil and tablets.

Really the cure is diet. Unless they want to be a drug addict : )

Recently someone came to the door collecting for the Artritus Society. I almost launched into a speech about raw diet and Ayurveda....... but I wimped. If they come around again I will launch. All the diseases that people want to have cured and hopefully a drug will do it.... Ah well.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:59:07 am by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk