Author Topic: My experience of eating raw meat  (Read 20613 times)

Offline common_sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: My experience of eating raw meat
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2015, 10:56:39 pm »
Eye round, round steak, top round or bottom round are used where I am in.  I tried twice or so, found it not as tender as tenderloin or New York steak. But under your recommendation, I am going to try it today again. Thank you.

The hind quarter has a lot of large muscles with a minimum of tendon and connective tissue. Names of beef cuts vary from place to place, but here in California the cuts have names like round or rump in the name, such as rump roast or round roast. Also from this area are cuts like eye of round and London broil, but the latter can also mean flank steak, depending on your regional names for beef.

If you are encountering tendons, then you are probably on the lower leg. You can gnaw that area, but table-manners do not apply.

A beef-anatomy chart can help you learn the cuts of beef. Just buy something you can afford and then learn where it comes from for future reference. Youtube has some good instructional butcher videos that can help you communicate better with your butcher.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 12:33:37 am »
For comparison, you might slice off a piece of meat and cook it to see how the same cut shrivels up and toughens with light cooking. You can actually see the shrinkage as the proteins denature. Otherwise, it's just a question of taste and how much money you can afford.

If beef is still too tough, try lamb and (best of all) seafood.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Raw Matt18

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2015, 12:32:19 pm »
Why are you avoiding fat? Fat is the most important nutrient
Ignorance is whats destroying our planet, our health, and our lives.

Offline common_sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 10:55:44 pm »
I ate round steak on last weekend, it is lean, the meat is firmer comparing with the new York steak or tenderloin, but I do find it always have some you can not chaw down, I have to spit it out, otherwise is good.
I not yet try lamb, the problem is in the super market, lamb is not as popular as beef, so it stay in shelf longer, I do not know how fresh they are.

For comparison, you might slice off a piece of meat and cook it to see how the same cut shrivels up and toughens with light cooking. You can actually see the shrinkage as the proteins denature. Otherwise, it's just a question of taste and how much money you can afford.

If beef is still too tough, try lamb and (best of all) seafood.

Offline common_sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2015, 10:56:48 pm »
That is because I want to build lean muscle and cut body fat.

Why are you avoiding fat? Fat is the most important nutrient

Offline Wenchypoo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 08:53:59 pm »
I attempted to eat a lb. of lamb stew chunks yesterday (1/2 in A.M., the other 1/2 for dinner), and found the following:

1.  It's slippery and tough to chew.

2.  My tinnitus eased (probably from the lack of salicylates).

3.  My food allergy reactions went away (probably from the lack of histamines).

4.  The words "Fine Young Cannibal" won't fit on a license plate.   :P

The day before, I purposely undercooked T-bone steaks for dinner, and started feeling at ease with it--much easier to cut and chew, plus all of the other reasons above.  Today, I'm going to figure out how to do raw liver--I can eat it cooked all day long.

My refrigerator has SO much room in it now for the lack of veggies!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2015, 05:07:22 am »
I'm glad that's going well for you. Make sure the raw liver is 100% grass-fed AND grass-finished.

Offline Raw777

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2015, 07:03:08 pm »
I noticed that the adding of fat is very important, especially in the transitioning stage. I find it helps with detox and digestion. The best fat for me has been plant oil in the form of rapeseedoil (mayonnaise). No other fat (butter/animal fat/coconut oil) was helping me better than the fat in mayonnaise. Im feeling better and better and when I feel everything running smoothly again I will cut down the intake of mayonnaise and see how this goes.

This new diet made me realize how bad sugar is, because once I took it again I noticed how bad I felt. Same goes for other toxins like caffeine and alcohol.

Offline common_sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2015, 12:34:24 am »
Hi, there:
Just want to up-date my status: now I am in the 10th month of raw egg, chicken, fish, beef diet(with raw vegetables and bread), also work-out vigorously almost everyday. I am in good shape, though only gained about 6 pounds lean muscle (from 144 pound to 150 pound without increase or significantly reduce body fat), may be due to my age. I do not know if I can achieve my initial goal: to reach 165 pound, looks very difficulty, if not impossible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk