Author Topic: Anyone else play xbox live?  (Read 10842 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else play xbox live?
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 10:01:22 pm »
That is a truly beautiful game! I had it on Dreamcast   :o

Ahem, Elders Scrolls perhaps?  ;D

All the best people had Dream Cast! I've hardly known anyone else with one in the UK. I think we have 3 or 4 or them xD and like 60 games. Not played on it in many years though. Phantasy Star Online and Sonic Adventure were my most played games on it. I had Shenmue but didn't get far.

I've been thinking about getting Oblivion.

europa universalis 2

I've got EU2, my dad's game but I've never played it yet. Played Risk 2, dunno if they're similar. EU looks like a more complex version of Risk?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 11:32:30 pm »
Never played Risk. EU2 is an historical, advanced strategy game, better by far than EU1 or EU3 with multiple historical events etc.. Paradox is odd, in that it usually produces a lame 1st game with poor AI but greatly overcomplicated, the 2nd version tends to be complicated but not overly so, with the 3rd version being far too easy and too simple to play through making it boring. At least that is also the general verdict re their Victoria and Hearts of Iron games.

Anyway, if you get to play EU2, make sure to also install the AGCEEP mod along with any minimods reequired, as it makes the game more interesting and corrects errors as well.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 01:13:25 am »
All the best people had Dream Cast! I've hardly known anyone else with one in the UK. I think we have 3 or 4 or them xD and like 60 games. Not played on it in many years though. Phantasy Star Online and Sonic Adventure were my most played games on it. I had Shenmue but didn't get far.
I've got 3 myself. When friends were upgrading they'd give the things away. I've also got at least 15 VMUs. Lots of good games on the system.

Oh, PSO. Now you're talking my language. Nothing like a "dungeon crawler" (even if you were on a planet and outside most of the time) with random loot and grinding to keep me entertained. I bought it at separate times for Dreamcast, Xbox, and Gamecube. My brother, my "brother from another mother" (kid who lived close by who we were best friends with), and played it to death for years. I must have put 350 hours of my life into the game and never did make it online with it.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 02:14:28 am »
I must have put 350 hours of my life into the game and never did make it online with it.

Holy moly! I could never put that much time in to a single player game. I only ever played it online. Saying that, if Fable had been long enough I probably could play that game for that long.

About 6 years ago though I played WoW(started it with some friends from school) and over the course of the 1 year I played it, I accumulated ~140 solid days played... I'd always been a sports person, and I started the game to distract myself whilst I was waiting for an injury to heal(wasn't paleo back then), and since I couldn't do real sport I got so competitive in that game, to become the best there.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:20:29 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 06:27:54 am »
Holy moly! I could never put that much time in to a single player game. I only ever played it online. Saying that, if Fable had been long enough I probably could play that game for that long.
We were playing offline multiplayer. 3-4 people in most games at a time so it was easy to play for 6+ hours at a clip. It was the same deal with us and a few other games the years preceding that (Mariokart 64, Goldeneye, Gauntlet Legends, Diablo on the Playstation).
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 07:04:20 am »
Ah yeah I get you, of course. I had forgotten you could play offline multi. Aha Gauntlet Legends! I loved that game multiplayer! I had it for Dream Cast.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk