Author Topic: Liver smoothies  (Read 11424 times)

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Liver smoothies
« on: May 28, 2009, 12:02:08 am »
Have made 2 liver smoothies now.

1st) Lambs liver that was grass fed, but finished on grain, and 3 duck eggs - both from borough food market in London. ('Ginger Pig' butcher for the meat)

-Just some Celtic sea salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper
-Made approx. 1/3rd of a litre, or maybe around 10oz glass (or a little under of both) and of a perfectly glossy consistency.
-Rich and Delicious, a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals. Taste was powerful.
-Disgusting to your first reactions, but ignore the bad habits you've learnt and really listen to your body.

(Takes some mental strength to re-train yourself to eat something so radically different.)

2nd) Lambs liver that was entirely grass fed (225gs), with whitish marrow from similar grass fed lambs (50g/5dspns)- both from Marylebone farmers market in London.

-Just a pinch of salt, and some fresh ground black pepper -- plus 1 chunk of both ginger and fresh red chilli (1/2 inch cubed..), splash of filt. water to whiz.
-Made approx. 1/3rd of a litre, or maybe around 10oz glass (or a little under of both) and of a very thick dessert consistency.
-Rich and fatty, substantial and nutritious. Milder, but with spicy undertones.
-Delicious and pudding like, ate half with spoon / other half blended with some water and downed - refreshing and nourishing.

(100 grass fed tastes better)

1 per week for me at the moment, these shakes make me feel incredible. Might experiment with cacao  .....

All the best.

David
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 12:27:08 am by phatdave »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Liver smoothies
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 02:45:53 am »
err, 1 tip:- don't buy from borough market until you've exhausted all other possibilities. Borough market is a hideously expensive tourist trap - while the tourists don't have the time or opportunity to avoid that place, there are plenty of opprtunities available for London residents re other opportunities such as brixton market etc.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 05:19:48 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 05:28:42 am »
yeah borough markets a rip off. was 'desperate'.

ps i do think liver smoothies is perhaps a bit disgusting. if your going to eat a raw liver, just eat it.

but then again maybe next week i'll have to unquenchable thirst for one. mmm braiinnnnsss.

david

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 05:56:40 am »
I made liver drinks with milk and honey before but think it's easier and makes more sense to eat it without blending.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 06:22:38 am »
I don't find liver drinks disgusting.
I did break our blender once using goat liver when all the stringy liver parts gnarled up the motor.

Thanks for the recipe, I can try this with beef liver.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 07:49:07 am »
I bolt it.

Cut into tiny pieces, scoop up and washed down the hatch with sparkling mineral water.Yum.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 02:40:46 pm »
I don't find liver drinks disgusting.
I did break our blender once using goat liver when all the stringy liver parts gnarled up the motor.

Thanks for the recipe, I can try this with beef liver.

I made one.  More like a pate' or glop, but tasted good and impressed everyone.  Chicken livers.  Lamb heart.  Beef marrow. Vidalia onion.  It stopped the power blender.  I thought it broke it.  I unplugged it and reached in.  The meat fibers were just wrapped around the blades.  I chopped them a little, tossed them back in, blended a little more and it was really good.

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 03:29:53 pm »
My lambs hearts had fibrous vessels.  The meat from the marrowbone joint was fibrous.  Are goat hearts more fibrous than other animals' livers? 

My friends were really impressed with the pate'.  I don't know how it compares to others' raw meat pates, I haven't tried many.  I think they were mostly impressed about me using various parts (marrow, etc).  They ate and liked it, but hadn't tried any food that "experimental" previous to that.

Using of the goat liver when all the stringy liver parts gnarled up the motor it can get some smoothies that they can drink

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 12:54:05 am »
hey so i generally hate eating liver. it just tastes disgusting to me. does that mean that i don't need whatever is in it? it seems like every 2 months or so i get a desire to try it again because i want to like it but i can never hang with that taste. maybe i eat too much of it at once or something... should i just be eating an ounce or so at a time and save the rest for another day?

Offline gudrii

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 09:03:49 pm »
This is my first post on this forum so Hello to everyone

My favourite liver recipe is very simple and very tasty. Good liver and good honey is the key to success. I found buffalo liver to be the best one for this recipe. I checked out many honeys also and found that raw organic honey from Holland and Barret shop called Organic Forrest Honey from Ethiopia is just perfect ( Here more info about honey www.tropicalforest.com)

So what you have to do is just to cut about 300 grams of liver in pieces big as you like (I prefer long 3cm strips) and add about 2 tbs of honey. Stir it gently then cover and put into fridge for night (I like liver more when is cold).  Next day liver taste beautifully and there is lots of sweet juice in container.
You may want to add some lemon juice to refresh the taste a little bit. For me it's the best way of eating liver and is really tasty.

Hope you like it ;)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 03:11:31 am »
to david, i think if you blend the eggs in a grinder, they will loose the food values. that's the reason i don't grind my eggs.
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 09:01:58 am »
tonight i had WF open a dozen local wild oysters.  they gave me them in a container of seawater.  when i got it home, i swished the bits of shell off the oysters into the seawater as i took them out.  then i poured the seawater through a fine strainer.  i took the strained seawater and put it in the blender. 

i diced a little local pasture goat liver into the blender. 

i diced a little buffalo into the blender. 

i diced a little local pasture raw stew lamb into the blender. 

i added a pasture egg yolk.  blended. 

voila la!  soup for a carnivore.  it tasted good. 
note:  cut the meat very fine.  the texture tended to be a bit weird.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk