Author Topic: treating jaundice?  (Read 3498 times)

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
treating jaundice?
« on: August 20, 2013, 10:52:34 pm »
My mom has jaundice and in trying to help her heal. She can do raw fruits and veggies but not meat.

I've had her drink lemon juice, a bit of iodine for detox, and eat whatever raw fruits and veggies we have available.

I've tried to get her to avoid nut butters, crackers, grains, cooked poor quality meats like chicken broth or grain fed meat.

What else specifically can we add or avoid to help?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: treating jaundice?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 11:55:13 pm »
looks like her liver is not properly processing bilirubin.
i would give her more organs esp liver, if she can't eat it raw cooked is fine. and more butter, preferably unpasteurized.  it is a good sub for raw animal fat.  limit fruits.  too much fructose stresses liver out.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 12:11:13 am »
I hope GS chimes in.  Humaworm has some liver/gall bladder cleansing herbs that I'm about to try...

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 02:54:26 am »
Oregon grape root tea, milk thistle extract, dandelion root tea, dandelion leaf greens, basically anything bitter, bitter greens, Swedish biter tinctures etc, cleavers tea

have her do vitamin c and egg yolks, lots of celery, lots of water, plenty of dulse and kelp, leafy greens salads, cucumber, green beans..

I would say no fruit, only because sugars really inhibit my liver function and I have huge issues with them, GS may suggest a grapefruit or orange juice fast, ask how she reacts to sugars, if she has hypo glycemia or blood sugar/insulin issues be mindful of that.

no vegetable based fats

lightly cooked chicken or fish(best quality) when it improves

more teas that would have over all benefit, ginger to improve circulation, and maybe have her chop down some fresh garlic to help clear out the blood.  have her do a sauna, drinking lots of seaweedy salty water before and after, have her do multiple saunas and get some sunshine.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:00:33 am by jessica »

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 10:48:48 am »
Oregon grape root tea, milk thistle extract, dandelion root tea, dandelion leaf greens, basically anything bitter, bitter greens, Swedish biter tinctures etc, cleavers tea

have her do vitamin c and egg yolks, lots of celery, lots of water, plenty of dulse and kelp, leafy greens salads, cucumber, green beans..

I would say no fruit, only because sugars really inhibit my liver function and I have huge issues with them, GS may suggest a grapefruit or orange juice fast, ask how she reacts to sugars, if she has hypo glycemia or blood sugar/insulin issues be mindful of that.

no vegetable based fats

lightly cooked chicken or fish(best quality) when it improves

more teas that would have over all benefit, ginger to improve circulation, and maybe have her chop down some fresh garlic to help clear out the blood.  have her do a sauna, drinking lots of seaweedy salty water before and after, have her do multiple saunas and get some sunshine.

more than a remedy, this sounds like a recipe for a nice, relaxing day...   almost spa-like. 
i love how mother nature encourages tranquility for healing, while man made remedies involve lots of money, stressful visits to the doctor's office, tests that take too long to get results, and drugs with questionable ingredients...

ahh... 
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk