Author Topic: How to "Sanitize" Raw Organs before Eating it RAW  (Read 3662 times)

Offline Tundra

• Forager
    • View Profile
How to "Sanitize" Raw Organs before Eating it RAW
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:10:24 am »
Just a new member. I have kidney failure stage 5, glomerulonephritis secondary to hypertension. Symptoms - high creatinine level, high cholesterol, high BUN (urea), anemic, hypertensive.
A friend advised I'd go raw paleothic diet
Just started last night with raw atlantic salmon
raw organic eggs and blueberries for breakfast
Raw atlantic salmon for lunch again
Thinking of raw goat kidney for dinner...i have some inhibitions. Though I bought this from an organic/grass fed butcher's store, I have an eerie feeling eating it raw. I'm thinking of grilling it or pouring some vinegar before eating eat...I'm really afraid of the germs - E.coli, Salmonella, etc. With my condition, I can't afford to infect more my kidneys. Any help please?
Thanks heaps.

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How to "Sanitize" Raw Organs before Eating it RAW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 08:11:34 am »
i would recommend marinating it in lemon juice the acidity causes a king of cold cooking w/o the same damaging effects of actual cooking. youll probably be killing some good bacteria but if youre concerned i think this is the ideal route, at least till you get more comfortable...
best of luck!

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 07:31:15 pm »
Freeze for two weeks to kill all the bacteria. I bet you already have ecoli in you gut anyway and i bet those slimy poles that you hold onto on the train have way more bacteria than a raw kidney!

Goodluck

Ps who recomended the diet?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Tundra

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 11:01:55 am »
it was goodsamaritan who recommended this diet to me. He is an old acquaintance back in the Philippines...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk