Author Topic: Time to participate and share...  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Rawzilla

• Forager
  • Good flesh is hard to find
    • View Profile
Time to participate and share...
« on: March 16, 2010, 02:12:50 am »
   I became a vegetarian (but not raw) at 16 for - wait for it - "health reasons" and almost died from an asthma attack by 30 (first attack was four years earlier) - talk about a wake-up call I nearly didn't wake up from.  Before this time I started to have cravings whenever I smelled seafood being prepared.  I remained vegetarian except for obeying my cravings for cooked fish once a week.  This helped somewhat, although it wasn't until reading/researching "The Protein Power Lifeplan" that I comprehended the self-inflicted damage brought on by my "health experiment".  During this lo-carb phase my blood tests (hormones/lipid profile) improved during this time especially thyroid, even though I was eating all cooked well as fast food.  This was already big step, my closed mind was opening anyway. I finally happened upon a website about raw meat - someone that studied AV's book - eventually I went to supermarket bought a pack of ground beef and ate it raw the same afternoon I got.  Three years later from only eating raw meat/eggs part time, I never needed an inhaler again. However, I still wrestle with lack of friends, social pressures, sugar cravings, etc
“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Time to participate and share...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 02:22:21 am »
I still wrestle with lack of friends, social pressures, sugar cravings, etc

That's all mental, not physical
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 02:43:28 am »
lack of friends?
You have wife and kids?
Do you work?

sugar cravings?
Do you mean you consume carbs?  That's not bad.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 06:19:41 am »
If my systemic Candida is flared up it's 100% physical cravings for sugar/carbs.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Rawzilla

• Forager
  • Good flesh is hard to find
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 01:41:45 pm »
lack of friends?
You have wife and kids?
Do you work?

sugar cravings?
Do you mean you consume carbs?  That's not bad.

Currently, I'm usually in Thailand or Singapore. I usually eat alone where nobody can see me, unless it's just fruit.  If I'm meeting someone for obtaining work, I can't refuse to join them for a cooked meal and eat cooked food anyway.  Then I feel terrible, and get some chocolate and feel worse.  When I'm with my kids we try to eat RPD but my wife doesn't agree, won't eat with us and says she wants to vomit -v.

further info:
  As a "recovering vegetarian" (maybe I'll start a vegetarians anonymous chapter ;D) I can certainly can see things from both sides of the fence. In my search for knowledge I left no stone unturned including beyond.veg, waisays(still up after a few years, just checked), etc., I suspect many forum members have been down the same road.  Many others have also become vegetarian because we believe (almost religiously) that meat is bad.  We are SO close to the truth - that it is only cooked meat that is bad - but seem unable make the connection.
“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 03:52:08 pm »
I suspect many forum members have been down the same road.  Many others have also become vegetarian because we believe (almost religiously) that meat is bad.  We are SO close to the truth - that it is only cooked meat that is bad - but seem unable make the connection.
Yep Ive been down that road to. And its not really that meat which causes all of the health issues, its grain-fed and non organic meats. Cows on grain diets usually die at about 4-5 years old instead of 11-12 on grass fed. Also grain fed non organic is raised on growth hormones and fed antibiotics continuosly to fight the diseases of the grain diet. These antibiotics and hormones also get into the meat of the animal. Which eventually gets into people -[.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 05:43:43 pm »
Welcome to the forum! Most people tend to come to the RPD diet after doing raw  vegan or, less commonly, after doing the cooked-palaeolithic diet. I was a former raw vegan myself for some years, though I did that diet solely because I,  at the time , got severe stomach-aches after eating any cooked animal foods whatsoever, not because of any concerns re animal-rights or whatever.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk