Author Topic: Social pressures  (Read 3052 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Social pressures
« on: April 03, 2009, 06:10:13 pm »
I've just met a very nice competent woman who I had to deal with re moving house. Trouble is that she is a stickler for British traditions, one  central one of which is automatically offering tea to strangers. There is absolutely no way that she will accept a refusal of tea, and she just kept on badgering me until I gave in. Foul stuff, though I suppose it's better than coffee and, luckily, I was able to drink the tea without  the usual dairy.However, my tongue still feels scalded.

Other than that, I'm forced to drink the occasional pint of (crappy) pasteurized beer(usually Czech or German as they have beer-purity laws), when out at the pub.

Now, I don't mind the occasional compromising re special occasions with SAD-eating fellows, but I just wish I was part of a more healthy crowd(ie real-ale(unpasteurised-beer-)-drinking, sushi-/sashimi-eating people.

What sort of unhealthy foods are RAFers here forced to eat/drink, now and then?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Social pressures
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 08:54:46 pm »
My social pressure is swimming and enjoying a mouth full of the lovely water (the water can be very special the day they do the big clean) :P; I swimm with swimming goggles - just no mouth goggles.

Nicola

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 10:11:12 pm »
This evening I visited an important client and the president offered my a small plate of pancit / rice noodles.  I ate it.  No sweat.  The last time I ate that kind of vile stuff must be a year ago.  I'll survive.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 03:58:00 am »
At work sometimes my coworkers and I go out to lunch together and it's nice cause they like Japanese so usually I can do ok for myself, but sometimes I end up in a Diner and one time we had a special breakfast at Friendly's. Needless to say there is absolutely nothing raw paleo friendly at Friendly's.

Really though I could refuse to eat certain things, I just give in pretty easily in certain social situations when everyone is having fun. I've spent a lot of my life being a "unique" or "weird" fellow and am tired of calling attention to myself by eating this or not eating that.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 06:07:32 am »
I quite agree. There's always a limit to how much one can set oneself apart. I did manage for a few years to never eat anything non-rawpalaeo-friendly whatsoever  for periods of between 9 to 12 months at a time, but after that point, I realised that I couldn't always go out and eat sushi/sashimi, and that it wasn't the end of the world to compromise once in a while. I suppose I was less bothered, in the end, after I'd recovered 100% from my past health-problems.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

JaX

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 05:39:28 am »
I agree. When one is healed and has gotten rid of the majority of toxins, going off raw paleo once in a while for social occasions is not so bad (considering its not the worst junk food). However my body responds stronger to bad food than it did in the past so I actually don't find it very enjoyable to eat out.

I have actually tried getting used to some non-paleo foods by incorporating them into the raw paleo diet for some weeks but it has failed. It's like my body just knows what it wants / doesn't want, when I eat mostly healing (raw paleo) foods.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk