Author Topic: Snowing in the UK  (Read 4390 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Snowing in the UK
« on: February 02, 2009, 10:03:06 pm »
We're just getting a spell of Siberian weather which happens, apparently, only once every 20 years in London. Everything's shut down, no buses operating in the whole of London, with underground lines mostly shut down or functioning with very limited service. It's silly that everything got shut down. I mean the amount of snowfall here  is light to moderate,whereas in some European capitals, such as Vienna, they have huge snow-drifts on the streets,  most winters. Anyway, I've just returned from a brilliant skiing holiday(lots of snow to ski on but the sky was shining bright  with only two days with a little snowfall in the afternoon), so I'm really enjoying all this cold weather.

* Worcestershire has these snowfalls all the time, being behind the Welsh hills. When I was at school there,it snowed heavily from December to February, with even September to November being bloody cold, despite no snow. Ah, those were the days!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

Re: Snowing in the UK
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 10:44:24 pm »
How much snow do you have on the ground?  So, I suppose you must stay home then until the city resumes service.  If so, enjoy it!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 11:24:01 pm »
That's what's so odd, it's only the cars that are covered with snow, and not much at that. There's a little brown slush on the ground as a result of the fallen snow, but that's about it. Vienna in Austria gets far more snow than this and yet always has all services up and running all year round.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 04:30:04 am »
Anyway, I've just returned from a brilliant skiing holiday(lots of snow to ski on but the sky was shining bright  with only two days with a little snowfall in the afternoon), so I'm really enjoying all this cold weather.

Dr. Barry Groves is in Lancerotta (Canary islands) to warm up and you went skiing to cool down ;D! Did you need warm water this time? How did you get on with the rest of your "leibliches Wohl"?

England and the snow was the first topic on our news this evening; I didn't know that you had gone skiing (I thought you had been quiet and that you just needed a rest or more time for a work out) and are full of vitality to cope with the damp, pollution, rain and fog again. I love Englands country side.

Nicola

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 06:07:05 am »
Congratulations on a wonderful vacation!
Skiing... sounds like fun.  I've never had the chance to experience that.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline SilentBuddy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 06:29:06 am »
I hope you have some food in the freezer, just in case you can't get out for a few days. Otherwise, enjoy  the snow. I like snow.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 06:57:55 pm »
Dr. Barry Groves is in Lancerotta (Canary islands) to warm up and you went skiing to cool down ;D! Did you need warm water this time? How did you get on with the rest of your "leibliches Wohl"?

England and the snow was the first topic on our news this evening; I didn't know that you had gone skiing (I thought you had been quiet and that you just needed a rest or more time for a work out) and are full of vitality to cope with the damp, pollution, rain and fog again. I love Englands country side.

Nicola

I allowed myself a gluhwein or two , here and there. That was all. It was pretty cold, but my ski-suit is very effective against the cold.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 07:01:21 pm »
Congratulations on a wonderful vacation!
Skiing... sounds like fun.  I've never had the chance to experience that.

It is a truly amazing sport. Skiing aficionadoes tend to claim that skiing is better than sex, and I tend to agree. You're hurtling down the mountain, a sea of white in front of you, wedeling/skiing around/through  dangerous moguls etc. I'm a pretty good skier(with relatively poor skiing style but can easily handle schitourenabfahrten and other off-piste areas).
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk