Author Topic: Standard newbie here. New to the forum and RPD  (Read 3235 times)

Offline passive357

• Forager
    • View Profile
Standard newbie here. New to the forum and RPD
« on: August 09, 2010, 04:51:15 pm »
I am a 34 yo male and I currently weigh 220 pounds. I have been going through a total body transformation. I started out at 269 pounds about 6 months ago. I am down 49 pounds so far and my goal is about 185. I do lots of running and weightlifting. I have totally changed my diet from SAD to cooked paleo and now going into RZC. I have lots of questions and work to do to figure out what really works for me. I have no experience with this lifestyle thus far so I am just winging it all the way. Working terrific so far! I am living in Orlando, Florida so if there are any local people who have advice on places to get good food around me please let me know. I am open to any recommendations. Let me know if you want to go for a run or workout with me too. I am always cycling, running, and weightlifting in and around the University of Central Florida area.

I'm excited to embark on this new lifestyle and I am looking forward to researching my interests on this forum. I have been reading lots of posts and it seems to be just what I need.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Standard newbie here. New to the forum and RPD
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 04:59:48 pm »
Welcome to the forum! I presume by "cooked-palaeo" you were already doing cooked, zero-carb before rawpalaeo?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline passive357

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:09:51 pm »
No, not really, I was eating cooked paleo... meat, vegetables, fruit, eggs, and nuts. I have been eating more and more raw and cutting out fruits and vegetables. I am still on eggs, nuts, and meats with very few raw fruits and veg. I guess I am jumping straight to RZC though.

It's funny that the spell checker doesn't recognize the word paleo. I know it is a slang term but you'd think here it would be in the dictionary.  ;)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 05:40:36 pm »
Be wary re RZC. While some go through the transitional period without  too many issues, others, such as myself, have had to , after some weeks, give up on  RZC and go raw omnivore, or face rapid, worsening ill-health(teeth becoming loose, chronic fatigue etc. etc.)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 06:39:44 pm »
Everyone has a different experience though.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline passive357

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 08:32:14 am »
Could some one point in the direction of a meal by meal sample food plan for RZC? What do you eat all day and in what amounts and frequency? Umm, loose teeth? I kinda value my teeth but I do have dental insurance.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 04:05:26 pm »
I'd say to just eat one meal a day of as much meat as you feel like having.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 02:27:13 am »
I'd say to just eat one meal a day of as much meat as you feel like having.

Yeah, we don't agree about that ! For me 2 meals are a minimum, and not meat only!

Welcome, by the way.
Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk