Author Topic: School killings  (Read 29034 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: School killings
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 07:39:56 am »
I agree 100%. Its a crisis in America. We need more treatments routed in healing like what I'm doing.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 07:42:22 am »
It isn't just the US BTW, we have them in Canada even though it's harder to get your hands on a gun by a long stretch and fairly close to impossible to get a handgun without a letter from Jesus signed by his 12 buddies.
Cheers
Al

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 08:07:19 am »
lol. Well it's flat out ridiculous. Unfair even.

Why do countless people suffering from mental illness have to be sedated and medicated? When those of use here are doing so well with our mental illnesses (those of us that have them).

It's flat out unfair that people have to suffer from their disease because there's no financial motive to promote natural treatments. Quality of life is diminished, and then we also have these senseless killings caused by the meds' side effects.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 02:26:10 pm »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 04:35:04 pm »
What annoys me is that the gun-control people have been using these school massacres for their own agenda. I mean, it's sick. The fact is that the only reason why schools are targetted by gun-wielding maniacs is because schools ban guns on their premises, making them an easy target. If teachers had guns, you can be sure that such massacres would be fewer and involve far fewer casualties.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 08:10:53 pm »
http://m.gawker.com/5968818/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother

GAMES...? He played video games? His mother let him do that? She knew he had massive issues and still let him destroy himself. In her house.

Where are the brains today. The word is soaked in a massive ignorance and right out stupidity.
Crap food. Electronic equipments like games and videos (and mostly highly violent, too). Welcome to hell. And people still wonder WHY...?!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 11:06:25 pm »
What annoys me is that the gun-control people have been using these school massacres for their own agenda. I mean, it's sick. The fact is that the only reason why schools are targetted by gun-wielding maniacs is because schools ban guns on their premises, making them an easy target. If teachers had guns, you can be sure that such massacres would be fewer and involve far fewer casualties.

If teachers had guns, then students would occasionally steal them from teachers and accidentally (or purposefully) shoot people.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 12:25:01 am »
If teachers had guns, then students would occasionally steal them from teachers and accidentally (or purposefully) shoot people.
CK, you got it right. You only have to look at the number of murders in the US compared with countries that don't allow guns, to figure it out. The US is 'murder central' thanks to the gun laws, or lack thereof. I know that I am glad I don't have to be terrified of that crazy neighbour or the nut downtown on the street corner. I am not a big fan of laws in general but gun restriction laws I agree with.

Imagine a school yard with a bunch of testosterone charged boys playing real cowboys and Indians.  Or even worse a schoolyard full of angry young hormone soaked girls going past just being mean to other young girls and pulling a trigger.

I remember years ago when I used to watch TV once in awhile, there was a show "Touched by an Angel". At first it was inspiring, but then it seemed to turn into a uber Christianity show, but the last straw was an episode where a woman had a husband who was under a lot of pressure at work, so when he came home he would be very angry. So one day when he was very angry, his wife's sister happened to be in the house. The sister grabbed a gun and shot him.

Then the angel showed up and told the distressed wife that this was all OK. Shooting someone is OK and was God's will. That was the most disgusting display of inhumanity I have ever had the misfortune to see. It was at the apogee of the fem-Nazi grip on TV.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 12:28:53 am »
GAMES...? He played video games? His mother let him do that? She knew he had massive issues and still let him destroy himself. In her house.

Where are the brains today. The word is soaked in a massive ignorance and right out stupidity.
Crap food. Electronic equipments like games and videos (and mostly highly violent, too). Welcome to hell. And people still wonder WHY...?!
This world is purposely made to show the two sides of life. Duality. The idea is to do as Sankara said and do what you can to spiritually evolve outta here.
http://gawker.com/5968818/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 07:11:10 am »
CK's notion is b*ll*cks. Obviously, teachers would bring their guns to work and wear them, not leave them around in school premises for kids to steal. More to the point, anyone shooting on school premises, with teachers all being armed,  would end up dead long before they could work up a whole massacre of dozens of people.

"The Right To Own Weapons is The Right To Be Free". A quotation by A  E Van Vogt, a brilliant SF writer,  who was more realistic in that he realised that a weaponless culture is far more prone to having its rights eroded. The Ruby Ridge scandal etc.  has forced the FBI etc. to be far more careful when trying to deprive honest(armed) citizens of their rights. Those without guns can be ignored of course, as they have no power.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:17:20 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 07:29:51 am »
If teachers had guns, you can be sure that such massacres would be fewer and involve far fewer casualties.
Teachers are mostly what you would term "libtards." Rather nice of you to want to arm the very libtards you despise. Kudos!
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 07:34:47 am »
CK's notion is b*ll*cks. Obviously, teachers would bring their guns to work and wear them, not leave them around in school premises for kids to steal. More to the point, anyone shooting on school premises, with teachers all being armed,  would end up dead long before they could work up a whole massacre of dozens of people.
I can just imagine some of the teachers I knew, coming to work with their pathetic lives on their minds, taking their marriage problems out on students.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 07:54:17 am »
Teachers are mostly what you would term "libtards." Rather nice of you to want to arm the very libtards you despise. Kudos!
Well, the academic world is riddled with 10th rate marxists. "Liberal" is just a ridiculously nice term  used to describe people who formerly were called  very "nasty" names like "marxist", "communist" etc. I am sure that any "Liberal" teachers would have the cowardice necessary to protest against bearing any arms to defend their school-children, so that they could ensure that lots more schoolchildren could be killed. Heck, if they had a tiny amount of self-respect, such Libtard teachers might even throw themselves forward so that the relevant gunmen could execute them/put them down out of kindness.

" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 08:05:42 am »
...the only reason why schools are targetted by gun-wielding maniacs is because schools ban guns on their premises, making them an easy target. If teachers had guns, you can be sure that such massacres would be fewer and involve far fewer casualties.

Geoff, you're famous for your unique logic and I think you've set the bar higher with this statement than with any other I can recall. What you're effectively saying is the best way to deal with violence in schools is to formally sanction an arms race between students and teachers. I can't imagine that arms race would end well.

The school killings, first and foremost, represent failures of vigilance on the part of the shooters' family and people close to them and their unwillingness to deal with emerging problems before they become massacres. The firearm industry, as far as it attempts to sell firearms to non-hunters for 'personal protection', is largely preying on people's fears and a radically distorted sense of risk portrayed by the American media. It sickens me to see people tie the 'right' to own firearms into rhetoric about freedom and liberty.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 08:18:06 am »
This is a ridiculous argument, Eric. For one thing, teachers would have the edge re arms-race as they are a lot older than their dodgy pupils and would therefore have more experience with weapons. So, any gun-shootout would end up with the (armed) teachers winning outright, and few or no school-massacres occurring, therefore.

Given the rising crime-rate in the US etc., it is a bit absurd to talk about a distorted sense of risk.

That said, I do think that more gun-owners should be taught not only about shooting at firing-ranges, but also about safe rules re hunting wild game etc. That teaches not only respect but also self-respect.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 08:21:31 am »
An armed populace is the last defense against government tyranny...  Take away all our guns and you can kiss our freedom goodbye.  The government is passing legislation to poison our food and you people think a lone nut is our greatest threat?  While this event is tragic it is nothing compared to how many people government has killed.  25+ million people killed by the military since WW2, but that's ok somehow.  And how many children has Obama killed with drone strikes?

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 08:39:50 am »
This is a ridiculous argument, Eric. For one thing, teachers would have the edge re arms-race as they are a lot older than their dodgy pupils and would therefore have more experience with weapons. So, any gun-shootout would end up with the (armed) teachers winning outright, and few or no school-massacres occurring, therefore.
TD,
Handing a youngster a challenge as  you stated, that a teacher could outwit a teenager, particularly a sociopath like the one at Columbine........ I think not.

Handing a teacher the right to shoot to kill........... hmmm maybe not.

Bear in mind that these kids came into the school with perfect timing to wipe as many as possible out at once. If they hadn't screwed up they would have wiped out most of the school as they planted bombs in the lunchroom which failed to detonate and were discovered afterwards.

This stuff is on the internet on how to create mayhem. All the soldiers in the army in some way became sources for how to make this stuff. Essentially the US government has taught citizens how to kill each other.

The guns and raw materials to create mayhem are everywhere if you know where to look.

Children are becoming like the ones in George Orwell's dystopian "Animal Farm". It is the shadowy deep dark side of humanity. Personally I believe it is because children are left to fend for themselves by parents who dump them off on the way to work. Not all parents do this for a variety of reasons, but enough do that the virus of undisciplined children has spread amoungst them all and the worst slip between the waves to settle to the bottom in the muck of hatred for others.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 09:01:57 am »
Christina Hoff Sommers discusses the war against boys in her book of the same name.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2000/05/the-war-against-boys/304659/

Her predictions of violence amoungst young men were very prophetic. The mad dash to medicate them is even more crazy and that's what a lot of female teachers believe is the only way to turn boys into girls.

Unfortunately when you emasculate young men, their energy has to go somewhere and when it looks like there is no where to go but down, that energy will explode. The ones on the edge tumble into the abyss of violence.

War Against Boys

Feminists Dont Care
Cheers
Al

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 09:14:26 am »
...teachers would have the edge re arms-race as they are a lot older than their dodgy pupils and would therefore have more experience with weapons. So, any gun-shootout would end up with the (armed) teachers winning outright, and few or no school-massacres occurring, therefore.

Given the rising crime-rate in the US etc., it is a bit absurd to talk about a distorted sense of risk.

Not sure what rock you're living under GP, but the crime rate in the United States has been falling for decades, not rising. Total violent crime rate (violent crimes per 100,000 people) peaked in 1990 at 730 crimes, and fell to barely over 400 by 2010. Murder rates peaked in 1980 at 10.2 per 100,000 and have since fallen to 5 per 100,000 by 2010. Aggravated assault peaked in 1990 at 420 per 100,000 and has fallen to just over 250 per 100,000. Looking through crime rates more broadly I can't find a single type of crime, violent, property or otherwise, that has not been steadily declining. The idea that America is getting more dangerous is a myth that the personal protection industry (including the gun industry) profits from and the American media propagates by sensationalizing the few crimes that do happen.

An armed teacher would not have the advantage you assume. In these cases the perpetrator has the element of surprise, and that's a huge advantage that's hard to counter. Beyond this, expecting teachers to learn to use a firearm well enough to effectively counter someone who isn't afraid to die is a tall order. Police officers and soldiers spend years learning to do this, and despite their intensive training regimes they still regularly fail. Arming teachers will just mean there are more bullets flying around, not necessarily reduced risk.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 09:32:03 am »
Umm, Eric last time I checked America has a shit load of guns...  The declining violence doesn't seem to help your argument.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 11:21:25 am »
Umm, Eric last time I checked America has a shit load of guns...  The declining violence doesn't seem to help your argument.
So Brad are you suggesting that there were not a shit load of guns before 1990?
Cheers
Al

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 11:39:13 am »
No, I am suggesting that if you bring statistics  into the argument that they should support your conclusion.  It would be more logical to compare the crime rates of the U.S. to countries with very strict gun control.

— Anthony Jeselnik

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk