Author Topic: Ugh...what not do when you switched to a RAF  (Read 7359 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Ugh...what not do when you switched to a RAF
« on: September 30, 2010, 03:24:39 am »
Edit: this was supposed to post in OFF Topic forum but went into the General one...weird. Dunno why.

OK so last night I came home from staying at my girlfriends for a while, so there was no good raw food in my house left at all.
I had to finish work so I couldn't even have time to go buy anything worthwhile.

I was starving though so I ate a bunch of fruits (sweet ones), which didn't satisfy but made me more hungry, so I seared some eggs sunny side up because it was the cheap factory eggs with tiny yolks and I cant eat the whites raw but I wanted to be full so I could work.

For some reason I got even hungrier, so I ate the vegetable soup my gramma made which had extremely "well-done" beef in it. I hadn't had cooked meat in a long time and it made me feel even hungrier (WTF???)

So then I ate FOUR bananas! Imagine, 4 bananas lying in my stomach on top of all the crap I just ate... -v

So last night I had experienced the worst stomach ache I have had in my life, I was literally in fetal position in my bed all night whimpering in pain. Thankfully by today it has all come out the other end (semi-digested) and my stomach is fine. But I am weak and afraid to eat anything...
I am eating just raw bone marrow for today and so far thats ok.

Needless to say I have learned my lesson. It's interesting, how it was so easy for my body to switch to RAF (no digestion issues) but what a difficult time I had when I ended up eating cooked meat with fruits and other crap just once. It shows that RAF is definitely the more natural diet and the other one is NOT!  l)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Ugh...what not do when you switched to a RAF
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 04:29:36 am »
Yah I cant mix fruit and meat, it just doesn't work because of different digestion rates. Also no reason why not to eat the the egg whites. The whole avidin issue has been debunked a while ago.
http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/chris/2003/08/22/more_on_raw_eggs.htm

Hope you feel better.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 04:49:11 am »
You probably need to relearn what being full is like.

I imagine you got some sort of burning sensation probably caused by all the acid in the fruit and mistook that for hunger.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Arthas_

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 05:00:04 am »
Recently I started adding carbs back to my ZC diet. So the very first day I ate some papaya early in the morning and after 4 hours ate my fatty meat. I had no problems whatsoever. The second day I ate the same amount of papaya, plus 1 small banana. All was ok, until I ate my fatty meat 5hrs later. So it was the fruits at 10AM, and the main meal at 3PM.. I started burping like crazy after that second meal (at 3pm)... I was bloated and was producing a lot of gas, but somehow couldn't release it. My belly was hurting. Man I was f* up. After a diarrhea late at nigh, i managed to release so much gas I felt great afterwards. The next day I was ok again. Now I'm afraid to eat bananas ha ha. I guess after 1 year of ZC, starches are hard for me to digest. Papaya(water + sugar) is fine though.   

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 05:29:29 am »
I am fairly convinced that while doing a lower carb RAF diet there is an adaption that takes place where the body becomes unable to possess the sad starchy foods which before the adaption took place it could manage to tolerate.

The first Eskimos that were brought to civilisation got real sick after a real short time of eatting grains , the native American braves being completely culled on the reservation diet.

Is any one out there who believes that you can be adapted to raw paleo and still tolerate short binges on sad food? I think there is already a level of agreement on the major do's and dont's for those tring to adapt to a raw paleo diet.(No refined foods, grains, legumes; limit according to personal needs things like dairy, nuts, starchy vegtables, sugary fruit.)

I have been zc for about 8 months and the last time I ate a banana it made me feel sluggish and bloated so I couldn't imagine what 4 would fell like. There are definite limits to any indigence in food you body isn't adapted to handle, even something as harmless as a banana could poison a gut that is primmed for optimal meat digestion. There are so many variables that I am now reluctant to recommend what others should try based on my own experience.(I love coconut butter and believe that it is healthy for me, but another member of the forrum tried it and complained of gut trauma)

Most people who ain't educated as to what happens after adaption takes place wont understand how something as plain as a banana or a coconut or Granny's homemade soup could cause such bad reactions. Once adapted you must listen to your body's needs and if no food is available then you must forrage and fast until you happen upon the next kill, its the paleo way.( when in doubt go without)

I was put in jail for contempt of court and for 3 days didn't eat anything, and as soon as I got out I ate a little bit of lamb and later that day I felt better than I did in years.( other people in there usually get really constipated and have flu like symptoms after a couple of days of eatting jail crap but I felt fine. )I am just glad I only got three days any longer and I might of died after eatting bologna on white bread with a cookie and koolaid every day. Try telling them you are adapted to eatting only raw meat.

I eat very little fruit and usually rely on lemon water and coconut to supply the 30 or so cabs a day.

The only draw back that I have experienced on this diet is having to give up all the foods that made me feel sick anyway. There is also the fear that I will not always be able to get the high quality foods I have begun to depend on to keep me healthy.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 06:05:16 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 05:49:25 am »
I think this happens to all of us.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 06:13:35 am »
Thanks guys, yeah I feel better today but just weaker and hung over, ugh I hate it.
I think yes, bananas are definitely out of the question, and so is granny's soup lol

This probably did happen to all of us so I thought it would be fun to post it here  :P

I did find some raw milk aged cheese today (its hard to find in Ontario) and had a little of that an hour after I had a bunch of bone marrow and feel much much better.
Tonight I may eat some fresh trout I got but I though maybe take it easy and wait till tomorrow. I look at the bowl of bananas on my dining table and still ponder what compelled me ha ha ha

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 06:28:33 am »
There are some cooked meat only dishes I can eat without giving me a tummy ache.

But I have to be careful not to combine it with anything else.

A few days ago I was in a board meeting and they only served cooked food. 

I chose only cooked meat and I came out fine.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Arthas_

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 08:05:54 am »
I gather it's just a matter of re adaptation to digest starch in my case. I can still eat cooked stuff or standard dairy with no symptoms. I ate 3 small squares of standard chocolate (There's a girl I like, and I'm not planning to tell her what's my diet  ;D.. so I ate that crap) a few days ago and had no problems. Just out of curiosity, previously in my SAD times I would not have digestion problems either, regardless of the crappy stuff I ate. 

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 08:43:34 am »
previously to this stint I had done 6 months RAF after almost 3 years all raw veg and went back to a fairly clean cooked Ori/warrior style diet. It was pretty hard on my system and never really adjusted totally (felt like crap really, but could be due to other things) but didn't like die or anything.

I tend to be skeptical on both ends. I don't believe the one end of 'extreme diet' ex pats that a healthy system should be able to digest 15 types of General Mills cereal and eggs and OJ at once or whatever, but I don't think being so sensitive to the smallest kinds of cooked (particularly paleo/grassfed) foods or raw combinations is a sign of health necessarily. If anything the reason not to partake in cooked paleo food or starchy food would probably be because it slows up transit of raw foods for people with sensitive/healing systems. After that..its hardly going to be more toxic than buildup from years of poor eating. Just my opinion.

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 11:34:38 am »
what i find is all meat is great raw for me 2months in ecxept the bird. I tried eating raw chicken (lean meat, liver/hearts are fine) and it came up like 2min after literally, without effort lollll. just like a hand reached down my throat and pulled it out no effort at all. But later taht night (wed oct27) i ate like at least 1.5pound (cooked) of that same bird and it was fucking awaesome.

But ya, i learned the hard way with putting fruit before REAL food...rainsins/sunflower seeds.... no comment needed  -v   so ya,..... bananas are fuckign addicting thou, o man, if i have one i gotta have like 3-4 no joke. I'm detecated to this diet, but my sugar/SAD tooth takes over at times as i lived w SADers (family), so i let loose on fruit->alone. I tried a pie once and i felt hungover that whole night/next morning till 2pm. Now im jsut rambling, peace
The price is wrong Bob

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 07:40:14 pm »
Now I'm afraid to eat bananas ha ha. I guess after 1 year of ZC, starches are hard for me to digest.
80% of the total solids in the green banana is starch, which is almost completely converted to various mono- and disaccharides during ripening - mainly glucose and fructose, but also some amounts of sucrose and maltose.
So it's very important to eat only ripe bananas, as they do not contain any starch and are easily digested.
Something like that - http://s3.hubimg.com/u/117286_f520.jpg
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 07:46:42 pm by Hannibal »
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 07:52:36 pm »
So last night I had experienced the worst stomach ache I have had in my life, I was literally in fetal position in my bed all night whimpering in pain.
The reason why you have experienced this indigestion and pains is that you mixed all of those products.
If I mixed meat, fruits, eggs etc. (even in their raw state) in one meal I would definitely feel bad afterwards.
So it's of paramount importance do eat them separately!

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 06:02:03 am »
Heh, yep, no more mixing for me...and definitely not bananas after meat, that I learned the hard way...
Actually I don't even eat bananas anymore, I have since eaten apples and other fruits before and after raw meat and did not have these issues at all. It was probably that damned starch like you were saying...modern bananas are just...evil  >D kidding

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 01:47:18 pm »
It was probably that damned starch like you were saying
Yeah, but I was saying about unripe bananas, which indeed contain quite a lot of starch and shouldn't be eaten in its raw state.
Try to eat ripe ones, with a lot of black spots on its skin

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 10:33:19 pm »
Yeah, but I was saying about unripe bananas, which indeed contain quite a lot of starch and shouldn't be eaten in its raw state.
Try to eat ripe ones, with a lot of black spots on its skin

Sadly the only fruit shop in my town closed down within the last few months, so now the only fruit I can get is from the supermarket. It's always unripe, and they don't hold enough that I could buy it and let it ripen, I'll just eat them all before they get to that stage. I much prefer very ripe bananas.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 08:36:17 am »
Sadly the only fruit shop in my town closed down within the last few months, so now the only fruit I can get is from the supermarket. It's always unripe, and they don't hold enough that I could buy it and let it ripen, I'll just eat them all before they get to that stage. I much prefer very ripe bananas.
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Bananas-Ripen-Faster
I don't know if it will convert the starch quicker though.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk