Author Topic: Anyone else play xbox live?  (Read 10843 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Anyone else play xbox live?
« on: October 26, 2010, 10:51:39 am »
Just wondering...if any of you want me to destroy you in modern warfare 2 im always up for it :)
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else play xbox live?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 12:34:07 pm »
Our live is down, my brother plays, i don't play often.
i am good though

I got Big Game Hunter 2010 :), and ufc, i'll be happy to knock you......get knocked out

The Africa level didn't have a lion! It had 4 leopards!  ???
I use th crossbow.

Anywho you can still add me

gamertag
Sully Abu

I am more of an oldschool guy. I am pretty selective when it comes to games.

Shenmue
Sonic Adventure Dream cast
Mortal Kombat deception
Shadow of the colossus
zelda wind waker
etc......

Edit: i like games tied in with philosphy and action adventure, i like coop games too

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 02:56:51 pm »
Not live. But I do game Left 4 Dead 2 through steam. So if any of you are on there, let's trash some zombies.  

Shadow of the colossus

have you seen that the second one is comming? I may just have to get a concole for that one.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:00:43 pm »
I have the Online games Jedi Academy, Star Wars Battlefront 1/2, Rome/Shogun Total War(all for PC). None installed right now though but I'm pretty good on them. Only game I've got going atm is a browser game called Travian, just log in now and again if I'm on the pc and build some stuff.

Yo Sully if you like Zelda you might like Fable I guess. Great game.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 02:45:17 am »
Yo Sully if you like Zelda you might like Fable I guess. Great game.
I don't think so :/
Someone said that to my friend and he didn't like it fable.

Who knows though. I get the drift I won't like it.
Hehe, I don't like casting spells and all that. Or leveling up characters.
Just adventure, climbing exploring, fighting etc.

Edit: games that can relate to my life, a game with a good philosphy and story is nice,

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 03:20:25 am »
Well it's a very good story and you fight real-time, you don't have to cast spells you can use swords/bows, you have choice of how you behave, there's lots of stuff to make you choose between good and bad, and at one point especially it is hard... I was good the whole game, glowing and then something happened and I fell to the darkside. Definitely adventure. When I played I barely used spells. Quite an emotional story/game.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 04:15:17 am »
I've had Live for 2-odd months now and have yet to play a game on it. My wife and I splurged the $40 so we could stream Netflix to the Xbox.
On the topic though I'd be down for a couple games of something. I've got tons of games and I'm sure a fair share have online multiplayer. Playing Borderlands right now if anyone is interested. :)

Well it's a very good story and you fight real-time, you don't have to cast spells you can use swords/bows, you have choice of how you behave, there's lots of stuff to make you choose between good and bad, and at one point especially it is hard... I was good the whole game, glowing and then something happened and I fell to the darkside. Definitely adventure. When I played I barely used spells. Quite an emotional story/game.
I loved Fable 1. Fable 2 was not as good but still fun. I'll pick up #3 in a couple months. Good games for what they are but honestly not what Sully gravitates to IMO.

Sully, I recommend an Xbox game called Viking:Battle for Asgard. Should be right up your alley IMO. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 04:27:23 am »
I once played nintendo  ages ago and got truly bored with the crap AI and poor games. I far prefer PC games, especially if there is an extensive modding community so as to improve the AI and add to the general gaming experience.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 04:40:30 am »
As of now the only good games I have now are Modern warfare 2 and Halo ODST. Im planning on getting the new call of duty game and eventually the new halo game as well.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 06:43:52 am »
I once played nintendo  ages ago and got truly bored with the crap AI and poor games. I far prefer PC games, especially if there is an extensive modding community so as to improve the AI and add to the general gaming experience.
Much like PC games consoles games have greatly increased AI capacity over the years. Good, bad, and awful are fairly subjective though with games so you still might not like anything on modern systems.
I will give you that modding communities are much more extensive on PCs as opposed to consoles. It's a function of the data storage. Lots of great mods out there though no matter what genre you gravitate to. :)
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 06:59:53 am »
Anybody on starcraft 2????????????

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 07:09:22 am »
Shenmue

That is a truly beautiful game! I had it on Dreamcast   :o

I far prefer PC games, especially if there is an extensive modding community so as to improve the AI and add to the general gaming experience.

Ahem, Elders Scrolls perhaps?  ;D

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 07:12:51 am »
Ahem, Elders Scrolls perhaps?  ;D
The console versions of both Morrowind and Oblivion were very well done.
Fallout 3 still tops my list from Bethesda though. :)
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 07:16:46 am »
Those are online games, right? No, my thing is more personal re baldur's gate trilogy(the modding community is still going there now for a decade), hearts of iron 2 armageddon+, homeworld 2, age of empires 2, europa universalis 2. Strategy gales are my main thing plus AD and D roleplaying games like Neverwinter 1 and 2, Temple of elemental evil, chess(fritz), and the like.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:58:49 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 07:23:19 am »
Those are online gales, right?

Nope Elders Scrolls Morrowind, and Elders Scrolls Oblivion (the following one), and their expansions are not online, they are PC games (even though theres console versions) and are very much about free-form exploration (even though there's many story-lines) and character skills developments...they are like a mold of adventure and RPG...and can be very heavily modded, the amount of mods & extensions for them is huge. The PC versions also include a console where you can type in commands to mod your own game, lol, they love it.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 07:50:23 am »
Fallout 3 still tops my list from Bethesda though. :)

I just gave "Fallout: New Vegas" a run through. I loved every minute of it. In some ways I think it is better than Fallout3. There are a lot of technical bugs that needs sorted ASAP. If you havent bought it. Wait for a couple of more patches to come out. There are more invisible walls than in fallout3. It apparently pissed some people off. I think they made sense and was placed in a way that forced you to explore the landscape rather than just glitch your way over some high mountain instead of experiencing the events designed for your leisure. had you taken the intended route around it.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 08:16:19 am »
I just gave "Fallout: New Vegas" a run through. I loved every minute of it. In some ways I think it is better than Fallout3. There are a lot of technical bugs that needs sorted ASAP. If you havent bought it. Wait for a couple of more patches to come out. There are more invisible walls than in fallout3. It apparently pissed some people off. I think they made sense and was placed in a way that forced you to explore the landscape rather than just glitch your way over some high mountain instead of experiencing the events designed for your leisure. had you taken the intended route around it.
I'm definitely interested in giving it a play but will definitely wait at least 6 months before picking it up. I buy 99% of my games used and most of them are at least a year old so I pay very little for them. I keep them after I beat them so I'm not going to take that depreciation hit for a new title. Thankfully this translates into 90% of the bugs in a game cleaned up before I start up so very little issues there. :)
My wife actually bought me a copy of Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition for Christmas so I'll replay that with all of the DLC before I get to New Vegas.
Between work and family though I only get ~6-8 hours a week in on a game so it'll be some time until I even finish up Borderlands.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 09:15:02 am »
Sully, I recommend an Xbox game called Viking:Battle for Asgard. Should be right up your alley IMO. :)
I played and beat it haha.
It was nice. Nothing compared to my favs though,

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 09:18:10 am »
That is a truly beautiful game! I had it on Dreamcast   :o
Yeah it is amazing. I have 1 and 2 on dreamcast, I beat them both, #2 is in Japanese with subtitles.

It was way ahead of it's time....

Edit: dremcast, in general, was way ahead of it's time IMO
no one was ready for it, sonic adventure and shenmue were my favs on it

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 09:22:34 am »
I played #1 offline, a good game,
i played kessen for ps2, that is a nice strategy game

i wish i had online, i am itchin to knock some of you out in fight night or ufc, or get knocked out myself, we got modern warfare 2 also, gameing is much more worth while than watching a hollywood movie in my opinion

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 10:15:51 am »
Starcraft 2 is like the most amazing, competitive RTS game out right now! Can't believe nobody plays it on here! Guess not too many computer nerds in here.

The other games mentioned are fun though too :)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 10:38:43 am »
www.kongregate.com

go there man!
free online games, i have an account, you earn badges etc,

they are just mini flash games

check it out and add me!
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/Sully

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 10:44:50 am »
Yah! I forgot about starcraft 2. I was playing it for a while then at the end of the summer I went hiking and totally forgot about it. I don't even remember my account details but I'm definately up for a game if you are :)

Offline B.Money

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 11:58:57 am »
Yah! I forgot about starcraft 2. I was playing it for a while then at the end of the summer I went hiking and totally forgot about it. I don't even remember my account details but I'm definately up for a game if you are :)

haha awesome! I am just started to get back into it again but I am always up for some friendly competition and practice! My name is BMoney #433

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 12:27:09 pm »
haha awesome! I am just started to get back into it again but I am always up for some friendly competition and practice! My name is BMoney #433
Alright! I'll figure out my account details only prob is for the next week or so Im very busy because college application >:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk