Author Topic: fruit enzymes  (Read 4411 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
fruit enzymes
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:37:54 am »
Aajonus says its always better to eat unripe fruit because it has more enzymes in it.

Yet all the raw vegans and many others say to always get ripe fruit.

What are peoples opinions on this issue and does anyone have more info regarding Aajonus's claim?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:49:54 pm by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: fruit enzymes
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 01:50:53 pm »
I view the Instincto approach of eating what tastes best(ie ripe fruit in this case) as being the most efficient method. Aajonus just recommends unripe fruit because it is supposed to have more enzymes in it.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 03:30:33 pm »
"For the most antioxidants, eat fully ripened fruit:

Research conducted at the University of Innsbruck in Austria suggests that as fruits fully ripen, almost to the point of spoilage, their antioxidant levels actually increase.

Key to the process is the change in color that occurs as fruits ripen, a similar process to that seen in the fall when leaves turn from green to red to yellow to brown?" a color change caused by the breakdown and disappearance of chlorophyll, which gives leaves and fruits their green color.

Until now, no one really knew what happened to chlorophyll during this process, but lead researcher, Bernard Krutler, and his team, working together with botanists over the past several years, has identified the first decomposition products in leaves: colorless, polar NCCs (nonfluorescing chlorophyll catabolytes), that contain four pyrrole rings - like chlorophyll and heme.

After examining apples and pears, the scientists discovered that NCCs replace the chlorophyll not only in the leaves of fruit trees, but in their very ripe fruits, especially in the peel and flesh immediately below it.

"When chlorophyll is released from its protein complexes in the decomposition process, it has a phototoxic effect: when irradiated with light, it absorbs energy and can transfer it to other substances. For example, it can transform oxygen into a highly reactive, destructive form," report the researchers. However, NCCs have just the opposite effect. Extremely powerful antioxidants, they play an important protective role for the plant, and when consumed as part of the human diet, NCCs deliver the same potent antioxidant protection within our bodies. "

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=7
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:27:44 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 06:22:32 pm »
Aajonus says its always better to eat unripe fruit because it has more enzymes in it.

Yet all the raw vegans and many others say to always get ripe fruit.

What are peoples opinions on this issue and does anyone have more info regarding Aajonus's claim?

It depends on the fruit.
Unripe mango has sour qualities that help alkalize the body.
But this depends on the mango.
Unripe banana has other qualities too as Aajonus says.
Unripe papaya and unripe pineapple has other qualities.

It all depends on what you want to heal, what you want to do, what you want to accomplish.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline balancing-act

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 09:00:11 pm »
In my experience fruit is meant to be eaten ripe. That's why it tastes so delicious when it's ripe. There may be exceptions. But trust your own experience.
Interested in deep political matters? www.rigorousintuition.ca

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 06:12:41 am »
I've found that every fruit has it's "sweet spot" where it has ripened on the bush, tree, vine etc. to that "just right" place. It was interesting watching this in detail with my loquat tree this year. I could tell by color which loquats were just right with experience. Once a certain number of fruits hit "over-ripe" the tree was suddenly overtaken with butterflies. I think there is a big difference between fruit ripened on the plant and fruit that is picked unripe and allowed to ripen. When there is still connection between the fruit and the plant during the process of ripening it is easier to tell what is the best.

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 08:08:49 am »
I've found that every fruit has it's "sweet spot" where it has ripened on the bush, tree, vine etc. to that "just right" place. It was interesting watching this in detail with my loquat tree this year. I could tell by color which loquats were just right with experience. Once a certain number of fruits hit "over-ripe" the tree was suddenly overtaken with butterflies. I think there is a big difference between fruit ripened on the plant and fruit that is picked unripe and allowed to ripen. When there is still connection between the fruit and the plant during the process of ripening it is easier to tell what is the best.

They were probably fermenting by that point. Butterflies adore fermenting fruit and will gravitate to it every chance they get, the little lushes.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 09:28:12 am »
Yeah - butterfly lovers put out rotting fruit to attract butterflies - like opening the neighborhood butterfly bar.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk