Author Topic: Question Regarding Suet  (Read 7978 times)

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
Question Regarding Suet
« on: July 23, 2012, 04:34:00 pm »
Does anyone know the shelf life of Suet in the refrigerator, and in the freezer?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Question Regarding Suet
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:20:31 pm »
Well, others disagree, but I have  found that raw suet, if dried enough, will last forever, with just the surface turning green/blue in colour from fungus.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 01:00:11 am »
Well, others disagree, but I have  found that raw suet, if dried enough, will last forever, with just the surface turning green/blue in colour from fungus.

I asked the people who I bought it from, and they told me it would last a week in the fridge, and up to a year in the freezer. I just wanted to double check with you people first, before I penciled what they told me in stone.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 02:08:23 am »
Interesting article I found on suet.

http://www.dannyroddy.com/2009/8/7/comparing-suet-muscular-fat.html

Keep in mind - "The shaky foundation of this post rests with the information from Nutritiondata.com. I can find no other internet source that specifies the vitamin, mineral and EFA (essential fatty acid) content in each fat. Another problem with the comparison is evaluating rendered muscular fat and un-rendered raw suet. We can also assume that the nutrition facts reflect the vitamin, mineral and EFA status of a grain fed cow, not a grass fed cow, which would be richer in all categories."

I imagine suet from grass fed, organic cows, would be lower in saturated fat, cholesterol. And higher in vitamins and minerals.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk