Author Topic: Another dietary freak  (Read 7329 times)

Offline caban

• Forager
    • View Profile
Another dietary freak
« on: March 01, 2011, 08:07:36 pm »
Hello everyone!
I have been already browsing this forum for several weeks and I decided to finally
introduce myself.

First, some short personal information about myself:
Name: Maciej

And some story:
I have started being interested in dietary stuff and healthy living when I was like 16/17. The reason for that was simple: I was underweight and I wanted to gain some healthy muscle weight. So I adopted a typical bodybuilding diet – lots of carbohydrates and proteins, much bigger calories intake – which means I was eating mainly rice, chicken, oats, dairy etc 6-7 times a day. I always was a hardgainer and this diet didn’t help me much. Sure I put on few pounds, but then it stopped and I was having very often some colds/flues ( at that time it puzzled me, cause according to my knowledge I was eating healthy + exercising regularly ) which resulted in making frequent breaks from the gym.

Some time has passed and another “breakthrough” occurred in my life. I developed stomach ulcer when I was like 19, probably because I was eating way too much. I went to three doctors, all of them prescribed me some drugs, of which none brought any help. I think this was the last time when I put my trust upon modern medicine and its followers. I decided to cure this ulcer by myself and so I did with the help of some herbs.

While another months and years were passing by, I was gradually raising my knowledge in the field of nutrition and healthy lifestyle. For the past several months I was a vegetarian, slowly moving towards raw vegetarianism. I have already heard at that time something about eating raw meat and had in my mind a plan at least to test it someday, but in far future. Anyway I was slowly adopting more and more raw foods – raw yolks, raw milk and cheese, of course fruits, vegetables and nuts also raw, but I made one big mistake in my diet. Somehow the notion of complex carbohydrates being detrimental escaped my attention. It was a big part of my diet actually – rice, bread, raw oats and raw bran oats, buckwheat ( sometimes only soaked overnight and then eaten raw ), legumes – and I have developed some big problems with my bowels. The symptoms indicated either IBD or IBS, so again I had to heal myself. So this accelerated my transition to the paleo diet. I started with the cooking version in the beginning of January and for the past 2 weeks I have been mostly RAW ( with the last 4 days only RAW ). From now on I am planning to stay 100% RAW expect for some rare family occasions.  

I also discovered Natural Hygiene like one year ago and started slowly applying it since last summer. Finally I realized why was I getting so often sick with my bodybuilding diet I could fully understand the true concept of a disease. Once I went for a short juice fast and felt great afterwards. For at least half a year I didn’t take any medicine ( including vitamin c ). Together with the help of NH and RAW paleo I am getting better and better, having almost zero problems with my colon now.

Unfortunately I still have a big problem with my weight. Because of this issue with bowels and then because of my transition to RAW paleo I became even more underweight – atm I am 56 kg ( around 120 pounds ) while being 186 centimeters tall, so it’s really skinny and depressing. I heard that people on this diet after some several months get back to normal weight, so I still have high hopes. I am planning to start exercising again in upcoming days, first with some light training at home ( push-ups/pull-ups ), maybe this will speed up somehow the process. I am open for ( or actually I am in the need of ) any help in this matter.

This is my present diet:
I meal
Fresh juice made of apples, parsnips/carrots, zucchini/celery.
II meal
Raw meat, usually beef or lamb with some goose/lamb fat
III meal
Smoothie made from banana, lettuce, juice from one apple, parsley and dill
IV meal
Again raw meat. I tend to choose other kind of meat than the one in the second meal.

And if I am hungry in the evening I eat some raw yolks or honey or kiwi or a combination of all these things. Twice a week I eat calf liver and also I eat some horsemeat. I am planning to introduce to me diet some wild animals ( like boars ) as well. Also I am considering raw goat milk, since I heard it is really good for gaining weight.

So that would be all I wanted to say in my introduction I guess. I will just add that I really appreciate what some of you are contributing to the RAW paleo movement and this forum was really a great source of information so far. Big thx guys and nice to meet you all  :).

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Another dietary freak
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:35:03 pm »
Welcome! Your English seems perfect to me.

Focusing on your weight and eating too much may well be the best way to prevent you get to a normal weight!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 08:40:50 pm »
Welcome to the forum!!

One question is it easy to get grassfed meats in poland do you have that yellow creamy fat there?
More and more members from poland :D

Offline caban

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:05:36 pm »

Focusing on your weight and eating too much may well be the best way to prevent you get to a normal weight!

True, this is even underlined in NH, but sometimes it is very hard, especially for a skinny person like me.

Welcome to the forum!!

One question is it easy to get grassfed meats in poland do you have that yellow creamy fat there?
More and more members from poland :D

I thought it was hard, but before doing any research I asked Hannibal ( with who I got in touch also through this forum ) and it occurred to be relatively easy. At the moment I am buying grass-fed beef of some really good quality at one butcher ( altought it's quite expensive ). At another place I am buying horsemeat for a decent price and lately I got a direct contact to a farmer, where I can quite cheaply buy lamb, ducks, gooses, chickens, all sort of eggs, goats and once a month beef. All those sources I got from Hannibal to whom I am very grateful. So far he helped me the most with my diet transformation ( sorry mate that I forgot to mention you in the first post, I really appreciate all your help! ).

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 09:09:59 pm »
welcome!!  :D

check out brady's journal about weight gain.  he consumes a lot of raw honey, which may or may not work for you, but he has a very inspiring story!

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 09:21:42 pm »
Welcome . You are getting a lot of sugar I reckon but otherwise that looks like a good diet. Some people just dont have a lot of mass, as you said "a hard gainer". The upside of this is that those people with focused training and proper diet, become the best looking most symetrical and harmonic bodybuilders IMO.

You in 1 1/2-3 years depending on how hard a gainer you are.

*But a build like that of Armand Tanny is not out of your reach either. Keep eating as you do and get into a good routine ,worry less about weight and focus on sculpting your appearance to your comfort.

Offline caban

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 09:23:35 pm »
welcome!!  :D

check out brady's journal about weight gain.  he consumes a lot of raw honey, which may or may not work for you, but he has a very inspiring story!

Unfortunately too big doses of honey make me feel tired and fatigued and they are not digesting so well :(.

Offline caban

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 09:30:00 pm »
I hope so brother, though I don't need to be as muscular as this guy. When I reach like 70 - 75 kg of lean muscles I will be already very happy, but of course I am planning to reach someday at least 85kg. I am patient and willing to discipline and sacrifice myself :).

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 10:28:37 pm »
One of the unfortunate things I noticed when I followed Aajonus' recommendation to eat lots of small meals a day, was that my body became so focused on constant digestion that my healing-rate/recovery slowed down to zero, seemingly. Switching first to 2 meals a day, then just 1 very large one, worked wonders for me.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 12:34:41 am »
This is my present diet:
I meal
Fresh juice made of apples, parsnips/carrots, zucchini/celery.
II meal
Raw meat, usually beef or lamb with some goose/lamb fat
III meal
Smoothie made from banana, lettuce, juice from one apple, parsley and dill
IV meal
Again raw meat. I tend to choose other kind of meat than the one in the second meal.

My suggestion.

Drop the freak juice combinations!
Just eat your apples... alone... as they are... in their natural form.
Just eat your carrots... alone... as they are... in their natural form.
Just eat your zuccini... alone... as they are... in their natural form.

Stop making smoothies.  Just eat bananas.  Just eat lettuce... alone.

If you stop those (idiotic) juices, your tummy may heal and be solid.  You will gain weight.

Stop combining your meats, if it is beef, eat beef.  If lamb, just lamb. If goose, just goose.

Overdose on various types of probiotics for 2 weeks to 1 month then stop.  It should give you a solid gut and will allow you to absorb nutrients better.  You can also add high meat for more probiotics.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 12:43:19 am »
Drop the freak juice combinations!
Just eat your apples... alone... as they are... in their natural form.
Just eat your carrots... alone... as they are... in their natural form.
Just eat your zuccini... alone... as they are... in their natural form.
Stop making smoothies.  Just eat bananas.  Just eat lettuce... alone.
If you stop those (idiotic) juices, your tummy may heal and be solid.  You will gain weight.
Stop combining your meats, if it is beef, eat beef.  If lamb, just lamb. If goose, just goose.

Of course ! I would have said the same. Real paleo way.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline FoxWoman

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 01:51:31 am »

Stop making smoothies. 

Hmmm, what's wrong with smoothies? We, raw paleo eaters, are already pretty much restricted as to what we can eat, why further remove perfectly good things from the diet? Of course I would agree that a lot of juices is not a good idea - it is hardly paleo, but smoothies are a perfect way to eat, say, raw eggs with a little fruit and a little honey. That makes a nice light breakfast, or lunch if you have to eat in a "social environment".

In my own experience, I have found that just raw fruits or vegetables, eaten whole, are much harder to digest. Maybe the blending process somehow breaks down the fibers?

I developed stomach ulcer when I was like 19...
The symptoms indicated either IBD or IBS...
Unfortunately I still have a big problem with my weight. Because of this issue with bowels and then because of my transition to RAW paleo I became even more underweight – atm I am 56 kg ( around 120 pounds ) while being 186 centimeters tall, so it’s really skinny and depressing. I heard that people on this diet after some several months get back to normal weight, so I still have high hopes.

In any case, it is probably a good idea to restrict the amount of plant foods, especially if you have a history of ulcer and a lot of digestive problems. I used to suffer from IBS, gas, bloating, indigestion, etc. and what helped me immensely was carb restriction.

Another good thing to restore digestion is raw cream (if you tolerate dairy) - that will also help you gain weight!

Welcome to forum, Caban!

Cheers,
FoxWoman

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:00:17 am by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 06:46:40 am »
Hmmm, what's wrong with smoothies? We, raw paleo eaters, are already pretty much restricted as to what we can eat, why further remove perfectly good things from the diet? Of course I would agree that a lot of juices is not a good idea - it is hardly paleo, but smoothies are a perfect way to eat, say, raw eggs with a little fruit and a little honey. That makes a nice light breakfast, or lunch if you have to eat in a "social environment".

What is wrong is what the smoothies and the juices are doing to Caban.
- he is not gaining weight
- his stomach isn't in top form.
- and the #1 suspect he is doing wrong is smoothies and juicing.

There is such a thing as over dosing.  Also irritating the gut with juices.
Juicing will not allow your body, your taste, your smell, your tongue to self regulate your eating.
If you have a bunch of anti-nutrients in your juice, it goes straight to your gut. Ouch.
Eating the fruit alone or the vegetable alone, you know exactly when to stop.
You'd be surprised to find out you don't need to eat a ton of fruit or a ton of vegetables to satisfy you.

Juicing can be skillfully used in crisis situations by a knowledgable healer.  And when I or my pro healer friend recommend juicing, we do not combine the juices... each juice alone.
But in Caban's case, he is clearly suffering from juicing... absolutely suffering from juicing.

Juicing and smoothies should be relegated to social / fun situations and very small amounts.

Juicing and smoothies is a throwback to those raw vegans to who need enormous amounts of plant food to make up for their not eating meat and fat.  Because meat and fat is a concentrated food.

In my own experience, I have found that just raw fruits or vegetables, eaten whole, are much harder to digest. Maybe the blending process somehow breaks down the fibers?

Don't lump fruits with vegetables.

Vegetables are hard to digest.  They are plants and they have anti-nutrient / toxin defenses.

Fruits are meant to be eaten because trees offer it to us animals, so they are easy to digest.

If the rind is not for you, then don't eat the rind or the skin.  

Plus it depends on what fruit or what vegetable.

It's mango season here in Manila and my household is just consuming kilos of mangoes a day.  We don't eat the skin or the big seed.

---------

We raw paleos are not "restricted", we are free from all the complex "modern" crap, we butt our heads together in search of the best results.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 07:19:32 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline caban

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 03:59:41 am »
Thank you for all your advices goodsamaritan, but I think that, at least in my case, you are mostly wrong. I have been making and then drinking fresh juices every morning for the past several months and never had any problems with digestion. Actually juices are a great solution for people with digestion's problems, because they are assimilated much faster ( 15 to 20 minutes ) and much easier than food in normal state. On the other hand occasionally I had minor colon issues after eating whole fruits alone. That is the reason why I recently adopted to my diet smoothies, cause they also are easier to digest and don't do me any problems.

I also think that you misunderstood me on few occasions. My stomach is actually in very good form, it was few years ago when it was sick. I am not gaining weight since I remember, so it can't be because of juices and smoothies, but rather because of previous inappropriate diet and present sick colon.

I am not eating different kinds of meats at the same time, I only tend to add sometimes fat from the other source ( for example I eat beef meat with goose fat ). But if you think it might be important to separate those foods then I will do it. I will also try these probiotics and I was actually already considering high meat, but I am not sure if I could stand the taste yet.

So all I need to do now is to heal my colon. Healing takes time, in the case of colon it may take years. Fortunately with this diet and other measurements I am undertaking I am gradually recovering. I am in much better shape in comparison to how I felt one month ago, but still on rare occasions I have some issues with my colon. For example yesterday after I ate raw sausage made from beef and lamb I had flatulence afterwards for several hours. But I can't connect it directly with this certain food, cause I have been already eating this sausage several times earlier with no problems.
In healing the most important thing in my opinion is the principle of energy. When organism is digesting food, all energy is focused there. When organism is free from digestion, it can focus its energy on healing. That is also another reason why I am drinking juices and eating smoothies/blended salads.

But of course I am very grateful for your kindness :).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk