Author Topic: San Francisco Bay Area Intro - running the gamut, searching for peak health  (Read 2843 times)

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
hello, all - love the forum and been reading for a month or 2. I'm 30, male, ate a SAD diet for 28 years plus drug abuse in mid twenties. started cleaning up, went pescatarian, then vegetarian, then vegan, then raw vegan and was primarily raw vegan for 1 year, reading all the books and such, and then began to feel very awful, always hungry and certain health issues weren't clearing up.
right along with daniel vitalis i began studying WAP and AV.

lately though i'm thinking i'm allergic to either raw eggs, raw dairy or both.
99% of my food sources are high quality, grass fed, etc.
this week i am embarking on the longest most consistent raw red meat diet - prather ranch meat company ground meats - pre-frozen but there might be a way to get them non-frozen on the delivery day. they are sealed in 1 lb vacuum packs, so i can keep them in the fridge indefinitely without spoilage. i love organ meats but don't yet have enough personal experience with thier effects, looking forward to ordering from northstar bison when i have more info.

i battle a level of fatigue that prevents me from being very athletic, although i am a healthy weight at 180 lbs and 6 feet tall, and have maintained that even while vegan.
the fatigue, depression, and negative feelings and physical weakness are my main concern, as i self-study to become a health and fitness professional.

i love figuring out how to buck the system and be healthy in our environment. i try to eat as close as possible to what i would eat in the primitive-yet-intelligent wilderness. i still derive great benefit from foods such as chlorella and spirulina, but try to wean down from supplements that require complicated processing. looking forward to trying fermented CLO and butter oil, as well as dr. rons, mediherb and standard process brands.

currently i am reading paul chek's work, as well as randy roach.
for my health issues i currently work with louisa williams www.marinnaturopathicmedicine.com and hope to work with tom cowan http://fourfoldhealing.com/ and harvey bigelsen http://drbigelsen.com in the future. all of these high level doctors work with homeopathy and other advanced holistic techniques.

i live in sf bay (berkeley, ca) and would love to connect with local paleos or raw paleos.

if anyone has any ideas about how to become athletic using this diet, please chime in.
thanks!

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Welcome give the diet time, get out in the sun.

I recommend lifting weights for 5-10 minutes a day. just to get started.

Eggs and raw dairy are problem foods for many.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Welcome to the forum! You appear to have gone down the same route as I did re vegan/raw vegan etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum! You appear to have gone down the same route as I did re vegan/raw vegan etc.

yes, i started with a master cleanse lemonade fast and detoxed gobs of sinus mucous - then got  a serious fever flu at about week 3 and stopped. but i felt great afterwards. the vegan/raw vegan time period worked on many levels for cleansing and learning. the hunger and fatigue made me start on the animal foods again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk