Author Topic: Marinading, soaking, ageing, and raw meat presentability!  (Read 3345 times)

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Marinading, soaking, ageing, and raw meat presentability!
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:06:27 pm »
From the start I was struggling to eat raw meat, and I was very picky. But since I started marinading in  olive oil and a bit of brandy or other spirit, I have found I am really enjoying my raw meat now!
I did a 2 day flush with salt water and senna since reading in another forum, and then started eating copious amounts of marinaded raw grass fed beef, heavy kefir, and now I am even starting to crave organs like liver! Now that is a surprise!

I think the flush had something to do with the change in cravings, as it would have culled my sugar craving gut bacteria, and then feeding the good bacteria with raw meat and kefir let only the good bacteria grow back over the next few days.

I think a lot of my enjoyment comes down to preparing my foods properly, where as before at the start I was simply trying to eat things raw and unprepared.

I am soaking my liver and kidneys in milk, then cutting them up and  covering them in a teriyaki sauce, etc. Soaking them changes the flavour a lot and is much nicer than bloody.

I am covering my whole-fillets of meat in melted butter to stop them drying out, then ageing them for a few days until they change to a dark marble red/brown, a much tastier looking colour.

I am using olive oil and different spirits and ports, with garlic, thyme, rosemary, all sorts of herbs, and letting the cold meat out of the fridge sit for a few hours in the marinade as it warms up to room temperature, then I feast!

Another thing is that adding little bits of raw fat into my diced fillet in marinade makes it much more enjoyable, a ratio of about 1/3 fat, 2/3 meat.

My sugar cravings are down, and I enjoy some 90% cocoa chocolate after my meat, rather than before when I used to like milk chocolate or fruit.

I hope we can encourage newbies to make real preparations with their raw meat so their first experiences can be much better than if they ate it plain.
My family even is no longer disgusted by  my eating of raw meat, because it is in a much more acceptable format, and when I describe it as tasting like prosciutto or somesuch they are much more inclined to give me a nod and a smile! I hope other's can do the same as me and reap the same social benefits, and this is why I am talking about all this!

I know some of you will think it is blasphemy to be changing the foods so much and 'cooking' all the foods with acids and alcohols, but really, isn't it better to do this than to eat meat fried and baked?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:11:32 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Marinading, soaking, ageing, and raw meat presentability!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:22:26 pm »
Oh, and I don't throw out that organ soaking milk, I ferment it in the kefir, and the kefir eats up all those 'off particles' and blood residue the milk soaks in.
When I pour off the kefir from the grains, I then let it 'second ferment' in some fruit pulp and peel, or add some quality treacle for a zesty sweet and sour yogurt drink.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk