Author Topic: Meat Sources  (Read 4956 times)

Offline Eso

• Forager
    • View Profile
Meat Sources
« on: June 06, 2008, 05:09:33 pm »
Hey Everyone. I'm new to the list, but have been raw paleo for the last 4 years. I'm starting this thread so we can hopefully make a directory of reliable internet sources for grass-fed meat(preferably unfrozen). Also would like to hear what cuts/organ meat you would recommend from your specific sources. I'm particularly interested in hearing about good sources for suet/tallow, marrow bones, affordable meat cuts and/or primal cuts.

I'm originally from MN so got a lot of my stuff Thousand Hills Beef. It’s a local operation though and they don't do mail order. I'm now living in Honolulu HI, so other than frozen grass-fed meat shipped from Big Island I order all my meat from these sources. I'm sure many of you are already familiar with them.
www.northstarbison.com
www.uswellnessmeats.com

Thanks,
Evan

Offline TheWayCreatesTheWarrior

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • WhereHaveTheBuffaloGone
Re: Meat Sources
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 09:43:21 pm »

i use Northstar for most of my organs. ive only tried Heart and Bone Marrow from there.
the marrow was great because the bones are cut into like 2" segment so its easy to get the marrow out.

the one question ive had for awhile, is; Northstar offers "fresh" as well as "frozen", but is the "fresh" pre-frozen?
There can be no mercy in the heart, of the heart, of the Wolf.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 04:38:18 pm »
Here's an online resource for finding grassfed meat farms in the USA:-

http://www.eatwild.com/

Here's an online grassfed meat directory for the UK:-
http://www.seedsofhealth.co.uk/resources/meat/index.shtml

(If there are any UKers who know of a reliable UK farm/source for (yellow-coloured) raw grassfed suet, as opposed to mere white so-called "grassfed suet", I would most appreciate it if they could post the details here, as I currently am in need of such a source).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 01:06:48 am »
I purchase most of my meats from Slankers.  It's a family owned business that is run as a co-op with other small ranchers in northern Texas on the edge of the Oklahoma Panhandle.  I've never been disappointed in anything I've gotten from them.

http://slankersgrassfedmeats.com/

When the spirit moves him, Ted Slanker puts out a politically incorrect newsletter that's a bit of a hoot to read.

Lex

Offline Azoth128

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 04:51:01 am »
Anyone from Germany who can recommend something for organs?

Sadly, everything I've tried so far tastes bitter.

I'm still sticking to muscle meat, hopefully I'm getting some wild organs soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk