Author Topic: Strep Throat advice?  (Read 7482 times)

Offline superja

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Strep Throat advice?
« on: February 17, 2012, 05:19:15 am »
Just caught it from one of the girls at work!  >:

Been eating as many raw eggs as I can shove down my throat, some raw honey, and fruit smoothies. Any other advice?

I can't really swallow anything solid.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Strep Throat advice?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 08:33:27 am »
Avoid the fruit, or anything even a bit sour tasting.

Ease up on the honey unless you have it with much butter or animal fat.

Avoid veges unless they are smooth tasting. (hard to define)

The rest sounds good.
Make sure you (how can I say it delicately) go to the bathroom.  ;D
Cheers
Al

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 06:22:41 pm »
What Al said. I would add: Coconut oil mixed with honey. Let it melt slowly in you mouth and go down your throat as slowly as possible. Do not drink for 15 mins afterwards. Done several times a day this will relieve throat pain to almost none.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:28:19 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 07:28:57 pm »
Can you eat coconu oil with raw honey mix by the spoon just to get massive calories for lets say weight gain?

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 07:29:25 pm »
Breakfast coconut oil mix honey and raw eggs by the spoon like some soup

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 12:52:46 am »
What Al said. I would add: Coconut oil mixed with honey. Let it melt slowly in you mouth and go down your throat as slowly as possible. Do not drink for 15 mins afterwards. Done several times a day this will relieve throat pain to almost none.
What Hit_it_Raw said, I would add  ;D - Coincidence, I was just making some to try it. I happened to have coconut cream I made recently. I mixed raw coconut cream, raw honey, raw butter and raw cream. Awesome. Eggs would be good also.

Basically all these things coat the throat. Strep throat is basically  compromised mucous membrane tissue in your throat area which could be caused by a number of things, such as shouting, talking too much, cooked food, sugar, coffee, tea, alcohol, soft drinks, rotten vege oils, excessively dry air, chemicals in the air, rough, dry, salty, sour or too hot food. All that is important is to coat the area, so that the tissue can repair itself.

Avoid talking, singing, screaming, and make sure you breath through your nose.

Catching it from another person simply means that your immune system was compromised for whatever reason and the last straw landed on the camel's back.
Cheers
Al

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 05:53:29 am »
what al said. Iwould add;  it's not just for coating the throat. both vco and honey are antisceptic helping fight the infection. honey accalerates healing of the damaged areas.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:35:17 am by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 08:05:30 am »
Strep is most susceptible to heat and salt. I use very warm salt water gargles. As many as you can stand. Wear a scarf and bundle up so you're very warm, and sleep a lot. If you don't get much better in a day or 2 get more aggressive. If it is strep and it stays in your body at low levels it can cause lots of damage, anything can. I take all colds very seriously and focus all of my efforts on healing. Just lay low and recover until you're all better
Breath through nose even if it is stuffy. Do your best. Give loving meditative type energy to the areas that hurt, until falling asleep. I enjoy paying attention this way when my body is in the middle of a heightend immune responce, energy is wild like a storm, it pumps and rages, once its is moving. If not moving feel the stillness, breathe gently into it and patiently wait for the storm.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline superja

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 03:51:14 am »
Thanks a bunch for all the advice- it was literally gone by saturday afternoon and everybody wanted to know how I got better so quick!

The girl who brought it is still out of comission lol.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 12:05:23 pm »
glad to offer something that works quite well, really well, with soar throats, not sure about strep.  Take a piece of garlic the size of a large match head and suck on it, and more pieces when it's gone all day long.  Your throat will be Constantly bathed with garlic.  Not much can survive.  You can get quite good at sleeping with it in your mouth too.  I can't tell how many times over many years this has wiped out sore throats which almost always lead to colds for me.   Of course if you're at work with others you may not be able to pull it off. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk