Author Topic: My house stinks  (Read 3666 times)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
My house stinks
« on: July 01, 2010, 03:51:34 am »
Meat scraps in the bin, bones left too long in the fridge before I get the marrow out, lunch containers I haven't washed up...meat in fridge I forgot about.

Yeh, obviously the solution is to deal with it all straight away but if you're busy and tired for a few days...

Any thoughts?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: My house stinks
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 04:08:24 am »
Any thoughts?

a maid, maybe?

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 04:29:36 am »
yea, a few
- dishes in sink: soak with water, some peroxide, fresh smelling eco-soap
- fridge: baking soda boxes, i think you can purchase a fridge air-ionizer, search amazon for fridge devices
- bin: chuck it daily before bedtime
- in general, air quality: create cross breeze in house through open doors and windows, use a small fan, get an eco-friendly non-aerosol air freshener made of essential oils only.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 05:47:06 am »
I hate people spraying aerosol air-poisoners inside...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:12:23 am »
You can throw any remaining meat in bags in the freezer and throw them out on garbage pickup. This will also prevent you cans outside smelling prematurely and attracting animals and bugs. Any containers you could leave outside/soak, or possibly put in the fridge or freeze. Any spoiled meats I would transfer to the freeze too.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 09:57:17 am »
Open all windows and doors. Put a fan right in front of a window to pull fresh air into the house. That's better than any kind of "air freshener".

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 07:58:11 am »
Meat scraps in the bin, bones left too long in the fridge before I get the marrow out, lunch containers I haven't washed up...meat in fridge I forgot about.

Yeh, obviously the solution is to deal with it all straight away but if you're busy and tired for a few days...

Any thoughts?

We have 2 maids.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 02:46:42 pm »
Open all windows and doors. Put a fan right in front of a window to pull fresh air into the house. That's better than any kind of "air freshener".

I don't like fans all the time, but I need the windows open.  It's hard living with someone who knows that and they ways it affects me and still on his way out leaves instructions to keep the windows closed and turns on the fan when I fall asleep etc. 

There must be something that puts good vibrations in the air.  Annoying insects can't stand calm vibrations at all from my experience.

Bury the meat as soon as it's unfit.  Don't keep the old stuff around if it's stinking up the house.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 06:00:15 pm »
Thanks for the ideas. I'm gonna use some of them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk