Author Topic: Raw Fat in Ontario?  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Defiled

• Forager
    • View Profile
Raw Fat in Ontario?
« on: October 08, 2010, 07:59:53 am »
Anyone know of some good places to get raw fat in Ontario, or some place that will ship here?

Preferably looking for fat trimmings or bison back fat

New to this type of eating and i just finished my quarter cow, when i ordered it the butcher said there wasn't going to be much in extra fat, i ate the tongue(don't like) finished the marrow but i can't find good marrow near me now, ate the fat around kidneys and heart(again not really that great), absolutely loved the fat around the steaks so more of that would be good :)

So yea if anyone has any info on where i can find this that would be great :D

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Fat in Ontario?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 03:24:12 am »
i am in london. I find Field Gate Organics the best (also the most expensive) but they are quite reliable for quality. They are the first and only federally approved Commercial Organic Butcher (or something like that) in Canada. Their marrow is $1 a piece/poundish which is not bad. All their stuff is grassfed. I am getting hooked up with a guy at my school whos uncle is a butcher and he can get me brains (which are illegal here). Ontario sucks for getting organs, i want to go to alberta where the people run the place, not a retarded gooooverment.
The price is wrong Bob

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 06:24:57 am »
I am getting hooked up with a guy at my school whos uncle is a butcher and he can get me brains (which are illegal here)

What kind of brains? I've bought lamb, goat, and pig brains before. I think that only beef brains are illegal.

Ontario sucks for getting organs, i want to go to alberta where the people run the place, not a retarded gooooverment.

I've also had a hard time getting organs. I bought a whole beef, and explicitly asked for ALL the organs. I just got 7 pounds liver, kidneys, heart, and tongue. Nothing else. It was disappointing. In Alberta, things aren't much better. Take a look at this recent story:

http://thebovine.wordpress.com/2010/10/29/more-on-that-forcible-seizure-of-raw-milk-near-edmonton-by-agriculture-ministry-offical-backed-by-police/

But even if the government decided to drop all the restrictions on organ meats, I doubt that it would become much easier to obtain them. There is very little demand. In the US, it's much easier. Places such as Slankers, NorthStar bison, and US Wellness ship fat and organs everywhere in the US.

Offline the PresiDenT

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 05:59:08 am »
is there a place like northstar, slankers, ect except based in canada? shipping/no double tax would be cheaper.
The price is wrong Bob

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 06:13:21 am »
is there a place like northstar, slankers, ect except based in canada? shipping/no double tax would be cheaper.
Check the eatwild website as I think they have a Canadian section.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk