Author Topic: Entering the paleo world  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Tom2992

• Forager
    • View Profile
Entering the paleo world
« on: July 14, 2014, 11:19:07 pm »
Hi everyone,
This is my absolute first approach to this diet.
I am about to turn 17 years old, i weigh 59 kg and am 1.80m tall.
I'm undergoing a series of changes in this stage of my life as i am just starting to get out of a 2 year long depression. Right now what i plan is to gain more weight because i am quite skinny.
I have also planned to join a gym and get fit.
Now, as said, this is the first time i have actually heard of this diet but it got me very curious. I live in Italy and overall my eating pattern is quite complete as i tend to have a bit of everything.
I want to turn things around, i have wasted two years of my life doing absolutely nothing and that sickens me.
Would any of you recommend this kind of diet for a person like me or should i just steer clear?
Any kind of tip or recommendation is greatly welcomed.
Thank you all for the help.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Entering the paleo world
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:22:51 pm »
This diet is the kind of diet people try as a last resort after every other diet has failed. Just checking, you are looking into a raw, palaeolithic diet, not a cooked-palaeolithic diet?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Tom2992

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 11:30:58 pm »
I would be looking into to cooked meats and fish.As for vegetables it wouldn't be a problem(raw or cooked) as i tend to eat as many raw vegetables as cooked .

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:35:48 pm »
Would any of you recommend this kind of diet for a person like me or should i just steer clear?

Considering that this way of eating is based on ancestral eating patterns extending back to the origins of mankind, and considering that it eliminates the foods that are the products of modern agriculture and processing, this is a good way to eat.

I started raw paleo diet because I was old and sick, but I wish I could be 17 again and eat the way I know now. Here's your chance! How can you tell if "this" is the one? Simple logic wins in every comparison.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Tom2992

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 11:49:27 pm »
What benefits did you encounter once starting this diet?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 12:04:29 am »
I would be looking into to cooked meats and fish.As for vegetables it wouldn't be a problem(raw or cooked) as i tend to eat as many raw vegetables as cooked .
This raw, palaeolithic diet, on which this board of forums is based,  is a diet which  is more oriented to young people who are suffering from theoretically incurable illnesses who failed spectacularly on all other diets or for older people who want to look and feel a decade or two biologically younger. For just losing or gaining weight, other diets, like the cooked-palaeolithic-diet  can work, albeit less effectively.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk