Author Topic: Fasting diet  (Read 2340 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Fasting diet
« on: December 16, 2009, 03:11:05 am »
Reading the article below has made me realise that I need to advise caution when recommending even small fasts or Intermittent Fasting. Some people simply can't handle even those kinds of fasts, and longer fasts are even worse in this regard:-

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/12/15/very.low.calorie.diets/index.html
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Fasting diet
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 03:52:43 pm »
"Patients may eat or drink only manufactured food, shakes, and snack bars especially created for and sold through specific programs."

What does that tell you? :)

If they were mostly protein shakes with little carbs or fat than the effects are even worse.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Fasting diet
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 05:33:47 pm »
Sure, but I suspect people may have problems even fasting too long on a rawpalaeodiet. I mean, I've heard of people dying after doing 13 days on a SAD diet, and even come across RVAFers who did up to 20-day-long water-fasts between changing from a standard, cooked palaeolithic diet to a rawpalaeo one(though the latter lot claimed to be fine doing this). While I myself have done 7-day-long fasts here and there after going rawpalaeo, I do think one should exercise caution.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk