Author Topic: Weird Effects from RawMeat  (Read 4918 times)

Offline DopeDivinity

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Weird Effects from RawMeat
« on: July 08, 2012, 12:15:59 pm »
So I haven't delved too much into RawMeat... I'm just beginning to scratch the surface. I am treading lightly... how can I not anyway, when RawMeat makes me feel Weird as F*cK?

The effects I get from RawMeat tend to be something I could liken to Cannabis. It does weird things to my temperament/conciousness.

The first raw meat I ate, breaking my streak of being a vegetarian, was Raw Salmon. It got me and my brother quite High. In a good way. We were playin'n'laughin... we asked "Is this what normal people feel like? Dude I feel so BlissfullyNormal right now that I could get married! LEEET'S GEET MAAARRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIED!"

Fastforward a bit to a RawSteak that me and my brother shared a week or so ago. When we ate it, we both started to feel high. Its doing weird things to our thought processes, like Cannabis can do. Certain aspects of our psyche are amplified. We are feeling a bit insane, and, browsing the forum, feeling like the members on here are insane too. We start having a bunch of weird thoughts on the subject that we are uncomfortable with. We then both take a walk, start talking to eachother, and come to grips with whats going on. The RawSteak SuckerPunch'd us with highness before we could assimilate that it was happening.

THEN, when we get home, I realize that I am coming down with a fever. It is definitely from the Steak. My brother didn't get a fever, but when we went to sleep, he had "Psychedelic Dream". Or, what he described as a "very real, incredible psychedelic experience",  experienced within the context of a dream. And yes, it was definitely from the Raw Steak.

So when I woke up the next morning, I stood up and... realized that I can't even stand up right. It was pretty scary, it felt really weird... I had to lay back down. My fever lasted a couple days.

Fastforward s'more to just earlier, when I ate some Raw Smelt and Raw Lamb Kidney. They were both very tasty and nourishing... but then some weird feelings pop up, similar to my other RawMeat Highs. Things feel amplified in a weird way, I feel like a fragile, shy little child, who others don't realize life is amplified to him in a way that makes it a bit scary and uncomfortable. I feel strange emotions that I have a hard time describing... sadness, for one. Also, Anger! I will feel irritable and more aggressive. The RawVegan in me says "the raw meat is making you a savage".

So, I would love to hear your opinions, or if I'm lucky, accounts of something similar happening to you, and you coming to grips with it and overcoming it.

I'm torn between:
 "The RawMeat is making me feel weird because it is healing and/or detoxing me"

or

"Maybe theres a reason we have evolved to cook our meats..."

or even "Maybe its just not good for my situation!"

I am going to continue to experiment with raw meats, I just wanted to vent that, and hopefully get some insights from others on similar paths. Love'n'Bless

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Weird Effects from RawMeat
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 02:22:24 pm »
I have never experienced any of those symptoms you described.

I have healed people with temporary raw paleo diet for several days...  even saw my brother improve so much in 1 day after eating raw tuna,  my eyesight improved in 1 day after eating raw oysters,  but I haven't seen what you just described.

I've read that kind of experience from those eating high meat.

It may help us if you gave a little back ground of where you are coming from what illness, etc.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

CitrusHigh

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 06:43:02 pm »
Pretty sure DD is blowing some major smoke here! But time will tell!

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 07:16:32 pm »
I didn't have anything as intense as what you described but I definitely had transitional "feelings."  After 25 years of cooked only meats it is an adjustment.  For instance, I could do raw eggs somewhat OK, but if i ate raw liver it's almost like my body wouldn't know whether to reject it or digest it.  I think it has to do with a few things.

1. Our mental attitude towards it.  If you think it's wierd or whatever your body could reject it
2. Let your body adjust to it.  Eat things that are easier raw (eggs, salmon, sashimis, etc)  Steak and organs are last for me to adjust to.
3. Remember some cultures like chinese and india think it best to cook meats sometimes.  Keep in mind they are not frying foods in frying pans or grills, but maybe certain things steamed, baked, or smoked. 
4. Just listen to your body but also try new things.  For instance, raw eggs and salmon didn't sound that appealing at first but i wouldn't eat them any other way now, at least in the heat of the summer.  There was a group of guys in the steffenson sp? experiments that had a "transitional" time of withdrawl, adjusting to raw/rare meats but after they did they wouldn't go back.

-Joe

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 08:00:30 pm »
Pretty sure DD is blowing some major smoke here! But time will tell!
  I am certain this is all  trollish b*llsh*t, but anyway....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 09:20:49 pm »
when i first started eating raw liver it gave me that weird silliness in the abdomen that shrooms give me, it also gave me extreeeeeme energy, i would eat up to a pound a day at that time, i think it was my bodies way of telling me "yes please more!" and thanking me for finally giving it some nutrients it was lacking.  i definitely dont eat that much nor get the same feeling anymore but i eat it when i know thats what will satisfy my hunger. 

Offline DopeDivinity

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 05:14:32 am »
I am definitely telling the truth, just giving my direct experience. I had this feeling that it would come off ridiculous to some, that I might come off Aajonus-y with my extreme-sounding claims... which really means maybe hes telling the truth? :)

Anyway, I gave a little bit of my "health history" in the Depression Success Stories thread. I am suspecting that there is major healing going on, and that is why I have such strange experiences. With all of my overdrinking selfdestruction, amongst other things (cannabis use, ORMUS ingestion, etc.), I've been through a diversity of WeirdStates of Conciousness. It only makes sense that I'll experience such when I ingest a superhealing substance. Afterall, with being a RawVegan for a period, and practicing excessive drinking, I certainly depleted my B-Vitamin stash to an extreme. And that Raw Kidney has like, 1500% Vitamin B12 per 3 oz serving!

I definitely feel like my MentalAttitude/ Conditioning plays a role here, and ironically enough, the High that I get from the RawMeat can bring that to the forefront, making me feel even stranger! Like I'm a PsychoManiac Zombie consuming RawFlesh.

I appreciate all of the advice... I will definitely try to take it slow, and be Intuitive. Ya know, after yesterdays "Highness" passed, there was a feeling like I have been Nourished. I felt Stronger, Warmer, more Grounded. I think eating RawMeat should get easier for me as I stabilize. I might have some RawLiver Pate today!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 07:51:00 am »
I am definitely telling the truth, just giving my direct experience. I had this feeling that it would come off ridiculous to some, that I might come off Aajonus-y with my extreme-sounding claims... which really means maybe hes telling the truth? :)

I have a tendency to think this way too!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 01:42:09 am »
DopeDivinity, were you "High", when you and your Bro were eating that raw steak? Sure sounds like it!

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 01:50:52 am »
the first time I ate raw steak was after a good amount of time spent cruising good samaritans videos and watching him eat raw meat to get myself used to the idea. Eventually I worked myself up to actually being able to eat it myself. My first raw steak, I stared at for a few minutes feeling kind of scared. Then I took my first bite and it felt weird and then suddenly I started devouring the steak in my hands while cackling somewhat maniacally. If I was on the street doing that instead of at home, im sure people would have been really scared of me. I was in a sort of mania during eating my first steak and laughing and smiling a lot, it was weird. Afterwards I had a high that lasted for quite a bit and an overwhelming feeling that I just gave my body exactly what its been craving all these years. I behaved this way the next few times I ate raw meat but then it just became normal and I ate it like a normal person.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 01:55:02 am »
I appreciate all of the advice... I will definitely try to take it slow, and be Intuitive. Ya know, after yesterdays "Highness" passed, there was a feeling like I have been Nourished. I felt Stronger, Warmer, more Grounded. I think eating RawMeat should get easier for me as I stabilize. I might have some RawLiver Pate today!

I agree with the feelings you described after the high wore off for a beginner raw meat eater, I elt the same as well. As far as taking it slow, I dont agree with that. I went completely cold turkey on all cooked food after my first few raw steak experienes and im glad I did that instead of a slow transition. The longer you dont eat cooked food for, the more you forget about what it tastes like and eating only raw becomes quite easy. I am a firm believer in the cold turkey method.
-----------

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 06:48:15 pm »
We gotta all do what works for us I think.  My nervous system was really screwed up and my body simply did not want to go cold turkey.  Sometimes we forget that making changes (even healthy changes) too quickly sometimes can overstimulate the body.  This was in my case, as I am easing into it.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 09:02:43 pm »
i did go through a somewhat strong detox period after going cold turkey that wasnt very fun but I just smoked herb the whole time to help with the symptoms of that and just pushed through knowing it was best for me.
I think the main thing that going cold turkey helped with was psychological. Since I wasnt eating some cooked food here and there I wasnt being constantly reminded of what it tasted like and forgot fairly quickly. The process of forgetting would have been much longer if I didnt go cold turkey. I find that forgetting cooked foood is probably the hardest part of going raw.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk