Author Topic: Human population explosion happened earlier than thought.  (Read 6511 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Human population explosion happened earlier than thought.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 08:58:19 pm »
The Romans had rampant use of contraceptives and baby abandonment / their abortion... their population was reduced by 1/3 from 0 to 200ad.

and the comments in that article were spot on that the explosion from 1 billion to 7 billion is unprecedented.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:11:50 pm »
Population growth began about 10000 years ago at the transition between Paleolithic and Neolithic and I don't see how we could say when it started to explode instead of simply growing because the transition was certainly gradual. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 09:51:26 pm »
Still waiting for Star Trek times.
Space 1999 was a dud.
Seems manned missions to the moon in 1969 were not real.

Read that black Africans and Muslims are going to inherit the world in the next century.

Most other races are in below replacement fertility territory.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 10:51:50 pm »

What a bullshit! Sorry Edwin, but for this forum to be taken seriously you should better not believe and write about every wild conspiracy theory you can find…   

Read that black Africans and Muslims are going to inherit the world in the next century.

Good luck to them into the next century when all natural resources will have been thoroughly exhausted!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 11:11:13 pm »
Still waiting for Star Trek times.
Space 1999 was a dud.

What a bullshit! Sorry Edwin, but for this forum to be taken seriously you should better not believe and write about every wild conspiracy theory you can find…   

Seriously, Iguana.

If those US astronauts really had that technology to go to the moon and back, where are the moon bases today in 2014?
The "Space 1999" I was referring to was the old TV program in the 1970s that predicted the beginning of moon bases by 1999.
I grew up excited with the space program and dreamt of space travel by today 2014 or 2020.
My first hobby was astronomy, I memorized star charts, I had my own telescope, I took my own moon, venus, sun pics.
I wanted to be an astronaut, I wanted to be a professional astronomer.
But where are we now in 2014?
Nowhere.

The air planes were invented in the early part of the 20th century, what happened to air planes in 45 years, look at where airplanes are today... everyone can fly.

An alleged moon landing took place in 1969, but after 45 years... no progress... in fact... retrogressed... humans have not returned to the moon since 1969... and it is 2014...

Where is all that superb engineering in 1969 we can build up on, continue to improve, and cheapen?  Nowhere!

Sorry to every one of you old enough to have been bamboozled by the boob tube called TV and was watching a science fiction production.

Talk to me about this alleged 1969 to 1974 moon landings when humans have returned to the moon in this 21st century.  Hopefully we see it in our life time. The only way you can make me believe in that fairy tale 1969 manned moon landings is if we get to repeat it.

Why is space travel important in this discussion?

If the human moon landings were true, we should be well on our way colonizing the solar system and we should not be worrying about population explosions.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:33:45 pm by goodsamaritan »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 12:26:35 am »
GS, there are so  many other factors that led to the Moon Landing such as the incentive of a Cold War between the US and the Soviet Union, a factor which is no longer an issue. The reason the space age stopped was because millions of selfish americans preferred to have the money diverted to the Welfare State, plus space-travel was far too expensive. Also, average hominid IQs have decreased substantially over the last few decades since those with higher IQs have stopped having children while those with lower IQs have dramatically  increased their number of children - this  factor alone would prevent missions to Mars.

There are actually some planned missions to Mars by 2030 at the latest. I don't hold up much hope for them succeeding unless everything on these missions is wholly automated. There are only 2 hopes:- either humans go in heavily for Libertarian Eugenics  and/or cyborganic supplementation and thus gain the ability to travel through Space,  or humans invent sentient AIs before it's too late. Only sentient Artificial Intelligences  have even the slightest hope of ever achieving FTL travel. Humans are just too stupid, what with believing in frauds like Freud, Einstein et al   for decades.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 03:21:33 am »
...everyone can fly...

Everyone with lots of $$$ can fly. For most people alive in the world today, air travel is too expensive, it's not an option.

On the topic of the moon landing, it was a technological achievement, but didn't yield much in terms of return on the multi-billion dollar investment required to get us there and safely back. You ask why we haven't gone back, I'll turn that around and ask why would we go back? How would we benefit from a return trip to the moon? Why bother with building a moon base, what would it do for us?

Even the future of the International Space Station looks bleak much beyond 2020.

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 03:46:56 am »
A simple truth is that almost everything that is official is a lie.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 04:27:19 am »
Given that black Africans and Muslims have produced the very least of all the various ethnicities so far, one can safely assume that the whole of humanity is doomed.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 05:37:33 am »
If everyone's goal was to tank our credibility with sane people, then you succeeded in this thread. ROFL

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 11:49:52 am »
On the topic of the moon landing, it was a technological achievement, but didn't yield much in terms of return on the multi-billion dollar investment required to get us there and safely back. You ask why we haven't gone back, I'll turn that around and ask why would we go back? How would we benefit from a return trip to the moon? Why bother with building a moon base, what would it do for us?

Then this money system is not working and needs to be changed to something better.

The question is, why trap ourselves on earth?

The next global disaster can kill us all off.

Better go out and seed the solar system and beyond.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 01:20:47 pm »
Until the sheer cost of spaceflight is reduced, it is unlikely that space colonisation will ever occur, anyway. Plus, there have always been a multitude of people who wanted  all the money for spaceflight to be instead  diverted to supporting the 3rd world or to support the  State welfare system.
" Ron Paul.

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 04:43:08 pm »
Who digs resources from the earth? Who processes them? Who builds tools and machines? Who grows food? Who transports goods around? Who comes up with new solutions to problems? Who makes discoveries? Who helps other people in need? Does money do all that? No. People do all that. Money is a problem that is in the way of positive and effective and as close to optimal progress as possible in every aspect of our community and us. Money itself is problem that needs to be removed. With money nothing can and will, never has, work right.
Then of course what would the process be like from a monetary system to no money system (no barter either). It wouldn't be simply ditching money one day and the next everything's working right, it would be a slow process taking probably about a decade while money is still used but ever gradually decreasing its importance and thus showing brainwashed and indoctrinated people that it actually is much better without.
Money was never meant as a benefit for humanity. It was always meant as a burden and prison people couldn't even see themselves.

Money is not responsible for space discoveries and colonization, and anything else that is actually needed and necessary. People are. People do all those things, people make all that possible.

When I see mentioned money for this or that, there's not enough, it costs too much, it's pointless waste of money, all that money could be used for those things instead, etc. I always look at who actually makes all those things possible, who actually makes all those things happen - people. Money does nothing except get in the way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk