Author Topic: Gelatin  (Read 11795 times)

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Gelatin
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 04:40:06 am »
I think Jessica's point is that there a concentrated amount of minerals in the organs cited, period.  Hard to find substantial amounts of dha in animals besides the brain,, hard to find substantial amounts of testosterone (don't know about selenium) other than testicles, and I bet the list goes on.    And yes, our bodies may use those nutrients elsewhere.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 06:00:56 am »
I totally understand and think Iguana has a valid point.  In my mind, if a person is having the symptoms of nutrient deficiencies, I think they should load up on the best sources, be it animals sourced or from quality supplements, which mostly I would recommend if they have symptoms of extreme deficiencies, especially because it is hard for some to source really good quality foods, and sometimes they are cost prohibitive in the quantities we might need them. 

I do agree that the body might use it elsewhere, but isn't that more of a reason to then eat the highest quantity source of that/those specific nutrients so that it can use it where it would like and hopefully be satiated there and still have excess to use elsewhere?   

wow a lot of PS on my part today  :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:44:48 am by jessica »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 08:44:52 pm »
I totally understand and think Iguana has a valid point.  In my mind, if a person is having the symptoms of nutrient deficiencies, I think they should load up on the best sources, be it animals sourced or from quality supplements, which mostly I would recommend if they have symptoms of extreme deficiencies, especially because it is hard for some to source really good quality foods, and sometimes they are cost prohibitive in the quantities we might need them. 

I do agree that the body might use it elsewhere, but isn't that more of a reason to then eat the highest quantity source of that/those specific nutrients so that it can use it where it would like and hopefully be satiated there and still have excess to use elsewhere?   

I guess it all depends on the persons assimilation and absorption capabilities as well.

wow a lot of PS on my part today  :D

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2014, 11:50:43 am »
well if we looked at what a tiger penis contained, perhaps there is an excess of testosterone or minerals and nutrients that would have an effect on male virility?  I have heard this is true with cocks combs and waddles, that they store testosterone there and that if you eat them they will make you randy. 

but then lets also look at minerals and nutrients, RogueFarmer enlightened me to the fact that the testicles of sheeps is where they store most of their selenium, so if you hack off  a sheeps balls you are causing them to have potential selenium deficiencies because if their body requires it, it does not have its own resources.  so in my mind that would make sheep balls an excellent source of selenium for a human who might need those  minerals, and when eaten it might restore a deficiency in a mans body that will help their body to produce more testosterone, thus enhancing virility.

with brains you are eating an extremely unique concentration of fats, vitamins and minerals, to get that same concentration from other parts of the body you would have to really source some excellent and diverse fats for sure.

Having eaten a lot of sheep both intact and wethered, I can say I personally prefer the intact.  Testicles are nutrient rich, and so is placenta and the female gonads. Both men and women could benefit from the proto-hormone building nutrients responsible for overall health and vitality that are concentrated in the gonads and other glands.

The dang Stupid way people raise and eat meat animals nowadays is just unforgivably wrong . Back in Paleo days skilled hunting peoples would often prefer the largest and fattest males. They would eat the organs including the brains and the gonads, bone marrow, and fatty cuts first, and leave the rest to either dry for lean times, or fed to the dogs in times of plenty.

Nowadays everyone eats castrated animals fed estrogen mimicking food based diets. There is this myth that has been going around that non castrated male animals taste gamy and can be tough. Well I can say the best Rams I have ever had, were around 3 to 5 years old, with bellies full of fat, and meat that is a deep dark red, and tender. Even the store bought grass fed is often fed hay that comes from mineral depleted soil. Then those animals are slaughtered before they even reach full physical and sexual maturity, leaving little time to accumulate the healthy fats and mineral rich tissues that come with aging naturally on rich pastures.

Another absurdity is that the best parts get sent off to be made into spam or turned into dog food , while modern day grocery store connoisseurs spend outrageous amounts of money on lean cuts of meats, that often come from nutrient poor animals, that doesn't taste very good to begin with. Sure, deli cuts of meat are full of protein , but without a variety of quality fats and the high vitamin and mineral content that one can get from the more nutrient dense tissues of the animal, muscle meat alone will not be able to provide optimal nutrition.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 11:56:00 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2014, 11:57:57 am »
this is probably also a situation where having access to seafood would be beneficial because things like fish and shrimp can be eaten whole and have gelatin, chicken feet are also high in gelatin, the are super weird to chew on raw though, lol, but delicious lightly cooked.  I have also swallowed down large pieces, I don't see em come out the other end so either they digested or this is the "100 pounds of undigested putrid meat" I always hear that carnivores are carrying around in their bellies.

Please jessica (and others) explain us more about fish.

What do you mean by "whole" fish?  Does this mean we should eat the fish meat along with it's bones & fish liver & fish heart & fish skin?

I do eat fish eyes & brain ... . Normally I eat mackerel,  but I didn't succeed in eating it's skin.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 11:02:03 pm »
Please jessica (and others) explain us more about fish.

What do you mean by "whole" fish?  Does this mean we should eat the fish meat along with it's bones & fish liver & fish heart & fish skin?

I do eat fish eyes & brain ... . Normally I eat mackerel,  but I didn't succeed in eating it's skin.

yes the whole fish.  you can stick whole fish in the blender ala Inger.  But very slight heat will make the fish skin easy to eat, cooking them very low in water is an excellent way.  if you are going to eat the whole fish including the rib bones just be careful to blend those if they are extremely hard so you don't stab your throat.  small fish you can get away with out having to blend.

moringa82

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2014, 08:20:51 pm »
BTW I have eaten chunks of bone and big tough pieces of collagen and all digested perfectly.

so one can actually swallow pieces of bones??? just cut the bone in small pieces and swallow/ wash it down with water?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk