Author Topic: Brains  (Read 2350 times)

William

Brains
« on: February 19, 2010, 03:57:44 pm »
Paleoman left lots of cracked open skulls around, and we thought he ate the contents, even thought they contain  evil carbs. Not so.
Here's what they did with them:
http://www.pioneerliving.net/tanninghides.htm

" Buckskin is warm and pleasant to wear, and it outlasts any cloth ever made. It is the ideal material in the wilderness for it does not tear or allow thorns to puncture it."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Brains
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 10:50:12 am »
    Any suggestions to get brains out of fresh nice chicken head?  Would you use a saw, hammer, your teeth, what?  Brains don't have a lot of sugar, do they?

Did people used to tan leather with urine too?  Did the sugar in brains make the leather moldy?  Is it "bad" sugar?

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 09:50:02 pm »
Brains have very low carbohydrate content ~ 1 percent by weight.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 11:24:06 pm »
You can crack a human skull pretty easy with a solid swing with a baseball bat.

you probably want not no much as force but even distribution of the blow. I would suggest not using a carpenters hammer but a softer rubber mallet and some scrap cloth to buffer the blow and avoid as much mess as possible. It might be one case you want to rinse it in case of any fragments. There might be special knives that could cut right through it in one swipe but I would probably avoid sawing it, other than the obvious, you would probably have to saw around most of the perimeter in order to break it open.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk