Author Topic: Paleo from a different angle  (Read 3218 times)

Offline PaleoChemist

• Forager
    • View Profile
Paleo from a different angle
« on: April 17, 2015, 08:49:00 pm »
Hello. First let me introduce myself, I'm a 33 years old Paleo enthusiast from Croatia. I have a doctorate in organic chemistry and I specialize in organic synthesis.

In recent years I began to study different kinds of diets and their impact on the human body and organic processes they influence. Also, I have studied the negative impact modern day overly-processed food causes and all the crafty ways the food industry uses in order to fool us. After doing preliminary research I've started a blog that brings you new and original paleo recipes with easily obtainable ingredients.

Here is the name of my blog:

love-paleo.blogspot

I'm interested in your opinion about the paleo food itself, the quality of my blog and how I could both improve my recipes. What are the most common questions and misconceptions that uninformed people have about paleo diet? Are you willing to read about the scientific background behind the positive influence paleo food has on our body? How could I improve my presentation so that more people seriously considers switching to this kind of food?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Paleo from a different angle
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 09:34:38 pm »
We would not be interested, really, as we are RAW, palaeolithic dieters.No cooked foods wanted.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Paleo from a different angle
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 09:45:36 pm »
I'm interested in your opinion about the paleo food itself, the quality of my blog and how I could both improve my recipes. What are the most common questions and misconceptions that uninformed people have about paleo diet? Are you willing to read about the scientific background behind the positive influence paleo food has on our body? How could I improve my presentation so that more people seriously considers switching to this kind of food?

I think that most people are under the misconception that mankind used culinary "recipes" and "seasonings" during the paleolithic period. However, hunting and gathering were the activities at the very core of the paleolithic cuisine - of course, allowing that the word cuisine itself is not accurate for this period.

Perhaps a more general guide to eating without cooking and without grand preparation and presentation would be more authentic. For example, here, we discuss how can meat be stored without modern kitchen science.

I only looked at the front page of your blog. Even the idea of mixing ground almonds with extracted coconut oil is un-paleo - where in the world would a paleolithic hunter-gatherer at once find almonds (a temperate-zone nut) with coconut (a tropical nut)? And then, where would this h-g find a grinder to process the raw materials?

Like many other modern attempts to find mankind's perfect diet, featuring processed-food cooked recipes is a giant step in the wrong direction. At the risk of fashioning myself as the Paleo Police, I would say that calling a cooked recipe paleo when it is merely grain- and legume-free is misleading. Many people come to this forum with progressing illness and they have been helped by eating raw, unprocessed foods.

How did you overlook the simplicity of early man's cuisine in your study of paleolithic eating practices?

"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk