Author Topic: Blog site worthy of note  (Read 1731 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Blog site worthy of note
« on: November 22, 2010, 04:46:58 pm »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Blog site worthy of note
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 05:21:37 pm »
One thing is they're measuring the sleep of old people. Their sleep-needs may be different. Also, they say that sleeping longer than 10 hours may be correlated with increased stroke-risk for example. Maybe people who are at a greater risk of stroke end up sleeping more, not that the sleeping more increases their risk of stroke. Interesting blog though.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Blog site worthy of note
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 11:58:28 pm »
Interesting studies.

I question the validity of the well known nurses study, as they as a group tend to sleep weird hours due to the nature of their work being during night time and daytime. Also there are many other factors on why people stay up a lot at night.

I worked on the railroad when first out of high school. If was shift work and prior to working there I don't recall any particularly health issues during my youth. After 1.5 years on the RR I started getting headaches, cankers, upset stomach, colds, flus, you name it.

After I read "Lights Out" T. S. Wiley, I am convinced of our requirement to avoid staying up when it is dark outside.

We have only had the ability to turn on electric lights for around a hundred years.
There is a thread on this book somewhere on the site.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk