Author Topic: Vibrio vulnificus from raw oysters. What are the thoughts of people about this ?  (Read 5307 times)

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
The Vibrio vulnificus bacterium only is found in shellfish like oysters and clams when the shellfish are in warm waters above (86? degrees). What are thoughts from a raw paleo perspective about this bacterium? How to safely select oysters and clams?

Bobby

Offline Savage

• Trapper
    • View Profile
The Vibrio vulnificus bacterium only is found in shellfish like oysters and clams when the shellfish are in warm waters above (86? degrees). What are thoughts from a raw paleo perspective about this bacterium? How to safely select oysters and clams?

Bobby

A-)Get them from sea/ocean sources only and don't consume them frequently.

B-) Don't worry about it, since you eat raw Paleo, it's harmless just like AIDS and will give you superpowers if anything.

C-)Buy the oysters, prepare them raw for family/friends or people you hate, call to make sure they're alive after 24-48 hours, while you're waiting, leave the oyster/clams in the fridge.

D-) ALL THE ABOVE

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.

Bobby

I have my good sources in the wet market beside my office and they have not let me down yet.  I ask from which parts of the Philippines the shellfish come from.  There are dirty parts and I don't buy from those parts.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
How do you know which parts of the Phillipines is polluted?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
There are new FDA guidelines going to effect this year that require that oysters be put under refrigeration within one hour of capture(maybee this is part of an effort to prevent this bug from proliferating oysters in warmer climates
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
How do you know which parts of the Phillipines is polluted?

Since I live here, I can see and smell that the waters in Cavite are polluted.
I was even foolhardy to try oysters from cavite and had immediate red tide poisoning.

Since then I only eat oysters from pangasinan, bulacan and iloilo and have only benefits and never drawbacks.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
Oh, . Do they speak Spanish in Phillipines?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Oh, . Do they speak Spanish in Phillipines?

No, we don't speak Spanish.  Most can speak and understand English.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
No, we don't speak Spanish.  Most can speak and understand English.
You mean, Tagalog? I'd thought most Filipinos mainly spoke Spanish?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
In my spanish textbook, it says in Phillipines they speak, tagalog, espanol(spanish), ingles(english), and chino(chinese)....Do they speak Chinese there?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
In my spanish textbook, it says in Phillipines they speak, tagalog, espanol(spanish), ingles(english), and chino(chinese)....Do they speak Chinese there?
I'd iamgine only the Chinese minorities  in Southeast asia do, as such.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk