Author Topic: Bow Hunting  (Read 12801 times)

Offline Justin

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Bow Hunting
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2012, 05:58:06 am »
Way to go!! I bet you felt like a million bucks in that moment. Taking down a large animal with a clean kill shot with a bow is an impressive accomplishment. I've had the fortune of being given some elk meat from out West by a hunter friend, and it did taste very sage-y. Probably from chaparral. (I never can type that word without having "Rawhide" go through my head.) Anyway, congrats on the kill!

Oh it was great. I have gotten rusty recently though, but I liken the dynamics of archery to riding a bike (a lot like everything else) it's programmed in, just needs to be refined through practice. There are some pretty good archery ranges where I live so I plan on doing that this spring/summer quite a bit. I'm glad to hear you've taken a liking to archery yourself. Let us know how you come along.
"You can train long or you can train hard, but you can't do both." -Arthur Jones.

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Bow Hunting
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2012, 08:28:22 am »
They started a primitive skills meet up group because they wanted to share skills. I would try googling in your area and see if you can find somebody to make a bow with you.
Diatomaceous eath is an edible mineral deposit I found because I want my hair to grow long. I heard it might be dangerous so I looked it up. I do it sporadically. It hasn't made my hair stronger yet, but my digestion is smoother, and it always was bad, so I think it is mostly the DE. I take 1-2 tablespoons in water. At first I did it while fasting. It empties me out. Like psyllium but without the bulk. It feels cooling like it decreases inflammation. It helped a bunch with bloating. In my reading I saw it was recommended for worms. So, when I was all freaked out about my itchy back I used it again. It soothed the itching immediately. I think it was at least impart in my head. I never had any other sign of paracites. I just really worked myself up.
Lynn - I like your new picture BTW

Hmm. Now I'm curious to see if there are any groups like that around here. I'd be willing to bet there are. This is such a big camping/hunting/wilderness area of the country.

I had heard that about diatomaceous earth, too, about it being good for worms. I had never heard it was dangerous. The only dirt I've ever eaten outside of childhood was green clay on the very rare occasion I've gotten a craving for it.

Thank you! It's my husband and I 2 Christmases ago. Dark room + bright flash + winter = both of us at our palest. But it was a good night, and we were having a lot of fun.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk