Raw Paleo Diet to Suit You > Wai Dieters

Fructose

<< < (17/18) > >>

cherimoya_kid:

--- Quote from: Suiren on January 10, 2013, 05:02:36 am ---Since changing my diet I have been able to eat (not that I do all the time) even larger amounts of fruit, and I am supposed to be Fructose Intolerant, or rather hae a Fructose Malabsorption. I wonder why that is?
Before I could only eat small amounts without problems.

--- End quote ---

Paleophil regained his ability to eat fruit without problems by eating fermented raw honey.  Maybe it's the fermenting microbes in the honey that did that.

What kind of symptoms were you having?

PaleoPhil:
Yes, I suspect that gut dysbiosis and imbalanced microbiota has much to do with this, and that we need our little micro-friends to optimally digest the fructose-rich treats of nature. Wild animals and hunter-gatherers have these little friends in abundance. We moderners tend to be deficient. Certain nutrients that moderners tend to be deficient in, such as zinc and minerals, also help.

LePatron7:

--- Quote from: PaleoPhil on January 10, 2013, 08:31:12 am ---Yes, I suspect that gut dysbiosis and imbalanced microbiota has much to do with this, and that we need our little micro-friends to optimally digest the fructose-rich treats of nature. Wild animals and hunter-gatherers have these little friends in abundance. We moderners tend to be deficient. Certain nutrients that moderners tend to be deficient in, such as zinc and minerals, also help.

--- End quote ---

I've often wondered if RPDers who need low Carb are Carb intolerant because of microbial overgrowth / microbial toxins. After all most RPDrs here eat seaweed, which is high in polysacharides. A complex Carb structure similar to those in grains, beans, potatoes, etc.

Suiren:

--- Quote from: cherimoya_kid on January 10, 2013, 05:11:39 am ---Paleophil regained his ability to eat fruit without problems by eating fermented raw honey.  Maybe it's the fermenting microbes in the honey that did that.

What kind of symptoms were you having?

--- End quote ---

Usually a stomach ache (intestines), and if I really overdid it, I would get bad cramps and diarrhea. I usually knew when to stop, because I felt the effects almost instantly.
Been eating a lot of honey, but not fermented honey.

Maybe grains and such caused me to be unable to absorb it somehow?

PaleoPhil:
BTW, I still can't consume moderate to big amounts of certain fruits at one time without symptoms, so I'm still more sensitive than most to fruits and other carbs, but they are less of a problem for me.

--- Quote from: DaBoss88 on January 10, 2013, 08:47:00 am ---I've often wondered if RPDers who need low Carb are Carb intolerant because of microbial overgrowth / microbial toxins.
--- End quote ---
And perhaps undergrowth of beneficial microbes, damage to the brush border of the intestines and other factors.

--- Quote from: Suiren on January 11, 2013, 05:46:11 am ---Maybe grains and such caused me to be unable to absorb it somehow?
--- End quote ---
Grains can not only promote microbiotic imbalance in the gut, but also cause damage to the lining of the entire GI tube by triggering an autoimmune response to that tissue, which contains proteins very similar to certain proteins in grains, influenza viruses and pathogenic bacteria (see the work of Loren Cordain). It's not surprising, since these proteins in grains are designed to destroy the intestines of insects that might otherwise feed on the grains.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version